LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

415 internet and 35 hard copy signed are petition.. Also there was 1600ish that voted out 7400ish in 2008 to 2013 local 177 supplement. Don't worry more will vite yes to this.. If not they would have signed your petition...
The 415 signatures were all from local 177 members or anyone could have signed?......did you even have to be a teamster to sign? Also how many time can one person sign?

rama'nfeeders

I didn't sign any list, but I am not for any change and I have 23 years full time. If there was any change in Local 177 the new way would create a way where 10,12, and 15 years drivers could and would be at a huge disadvantage because they will continue to go down the seniority until everyone above them retires. The system we have here always allows you to climb upwards never downwards in seniority. Full timers need to realize this because you will regret this change. It's only for drivers who cane into feeders late or the ones who came in 10 or 20 years ago and went back because they could handle the job. Now they came back in the past 5 or 10 years and all of a sudden they want change to better themselves. Theses people are selfish that don't realize what they have!!!

542thruNthru

Did you sign keep it the way it is petition? Also why would some one use change.org to leave something the way it is? Lol!

I never signed anything. I'm not in your local. You just seem very sure it will change and I wondered why. Less than 300 signatures out of 7000 would have me kind of worried.

rama'nfeeders

I DO NOT THINK IT WILL GO THRU. THE RADICALS DO NOT REALIZE WHAT THE COMPANY WILL BE ASKING FOR. WHEN YOU GO TO NEGOTIATIONS EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE. WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES TO FIGHT FOR LIKE HEALTH CARE, PENSIONS, SALARIES, SAFETH, AND MUCH MORE!!! I AM TOTALLY AGAINST IT!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT THINK IT WILL GO THRU. THE RADICALS DO NOT REALIZE WHAT THE COMPANY WILL BE ASKING FOR. WHEN YOU GO TO NEGOTIATIONS EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE. WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES TO FIGHT FOR LIKE HEALTH CARE, PENSIONS, SALARIES, SAFETH, AND MUCH MORE!!! I AM TOTALLY AGAINST IT!!!!!!!!!!
You are just saying that because you are trying to save your own bass or someone else's. Company isn't going to ask for anything... They didn't when it was first changed and they did in 93. That's just a poison pill. Give it a rest!
I didn't sign any list, but I am not for any change and I have 23 years full time. If there was any change in Local 177 the new way would create a way where 10,12, and 15 years drivers could and would be at a huge disadvantage because they will continue to go down the seniority until everyone above them retires. The system we have here always allows you to climb upwards never downwards in seniority. Full timers need to realize this because you will regret this change. It's only for drivers who cane into feeders late or the ones who came in 10 or 20 years ago and went back because they could handle the job. Now they came back in the past 5 or 10 years and all of a sudden they want change to better themselves. Theses people are selfish that don't realize what they have!!!
Sorry, carry company seniority is better.. What we are asking for is bidding within classification. You still have to wait for a transfer. Sorry, looks like another poison pill!

IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0930.JPG

This is being passed around. Big movement happen...

It would work for everyone. Think about it. The 10-15 year feeder drivers, that are off the street, will not see a summer vacation for quite some time. If they transfer into package, (remember, package is nothing more than a joke. You don't pay any dues there) they can have their pick of summer weeks. Then, when they are worn out in a few years, they can come back into feeders, and dovetail in.

It would work for everyone. Think about it. The 10-15 year feeder drivers, that are off the street, will not see a summer vacation for quite some time. If they transfer into package, (remember, package is nothing more than a joke. You don't pay any dues there) they can have their pick of summer weeks. Then, when they are worn out in a few years, they can come back into feeders, and dovetail in.

1) I did 12 years in package and never seen a summer week off.

2)
(remember, package is nothing more than a joke. You don't pay any dues there).
WHAT!!

A) You are not that bright... B) You must be smoking rock... C), A and B. Take your pick.

By the way. You wouldn't last 30 days in package you clown.

Once again... WHAT!!!!!!

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Not many members are asking for the seniority language not to change in local 177. Looks like it's going to happen.
After all you did get 400 signatures from across the country to support changing the senoirity list in a local of 8000 members.....if that doesn't scream everyone is on board and really wants this change I don't know what does.....what did ups say when you talked to their leadership about changing their senoirity format? Are they on board also? What changed in the last 2 weeks that made you think this is a done deal?

After all you did get 400 signatures from across the country to support changing the senoirity list in a local of 8000 members.....if that doesn't scream everyone is on board and really wants this change I don't know what does.....what did ups say when you talked to their leadership about changing their senoirity format? Are they on board also? So what changed in the last 2 weeks that made you think this is a done deal?
What makes you think that 428 online and 40 paper copy signatures are across the country? Also the elected officers of 177 went from saying "it's not going to happen" to what "the company is going to want something when it happens"... NOT IF IT'S
GOING TO HAPPEN but WHEN IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN... I'm sorry but the person that is giving you the info on this issue is not in the loop as much as they think they are. You should take it with a grain of salt...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

What makes you think that 428 online and 40 paper copy signatures are across the country? Also the elected officers of 177 went from saying "it's not going to happen" to what "the company is going to want something when it happens"... NOT IF IT'S
GOING TO HAPPEN but WHEN IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN... I'm sorry but the person that is giving you the info on this issue is not in the loop as much as they think they are. You should take it with a grain of salt...
We already went through this..... we're the online signatures from only local 177 members or can anyone sign? What officer said it was going to happen and when did he say it?i can't say it any clearer for you local 177 isn't in contract negotiations with ups yet so how do you know it's going to happen.......from what I'm hearing from local 177 members is they don't want to change the seniority

rama'nfeeders

Terry, Mike, and Frank along with the others should go and ask the people who have been on the National Negotiating Committee's what happens during game negotiations and they will hear that UPS wants us to give back to them. They will ask for something in return. What are you will to give up??? Answer the question instead of always side stepping. Terry what are you will to give back for your selfish reasons of changing seniority to help YOURSELF YOU DON'T GIVE BUT K ABOUT ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!!!

We already went through this..... we're the online signatures from only local 177 members or can anyone sign? What officer said it was going to happen and when did he say it?i can't say it any clearer for you local 177 isn't in contract negotiations with ups yet so how do you know it's going to happen.......from what I'm hearing from local 177 members is they don't want to change the seniority
I can't say this any clearer either... If you are not in local 177, you only know what your friend is telling you.... You are a third party source... Who is saying we are looking to reopen the contract? Nothing was sent in writting to any of the 177 officers saying we as members are looking to reopen the contract... As for the signatures, it was told on the web site to not sign if you are not in 177. Then they were told to put their ID# next to their name.. Then the name is looked up on the list to see if they are in local 177.

Let me ask you a question... Can anyone sign the opposing site that is not in local 177?

Terry, Mike, and Frank along with the others should go and ask the people who have been on the National Negotiating Committee's what happens during game negotiations and they will hear that UPS wants us to give back to them. They will ask for something in return. What are you will to give up??? Answer the question instead of always side stepping. Terry what are you will to give back for your selfish reasons of changing seniority to help YOURSELF YOU DON'T GIVE BUT K ABOUT ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!!!

If thats the case, what did the company ask for when classification Seniority was but into local 177's contract years ago and also what did the company ask for in 93?

DO YOU HAVE A ANSWER FOR THAT?