LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

rama'nfeeders

In 93 they sued for seniority to go with vacations. When the classification was introduced that was an agreement from the company and the Union when the company split into 3 districts. The Union did it this way to protect the members. There's your answer!!! For someone who's been here longer than me you should be ashamed of yourself for one not knowing and twould for misleading people on your agenda. You are only out for yourself yoy don't give a rats bass about anyone except yourself. People come into Feeders late and want leap frog other Union members because Feeders didn't work for them 10 years ago, but now it does. I don't think so!!!!

Including part timers?????so back to my original question what has changed in local 177 since the members were booing the one list guys at the general membership meeting?
Part timers are being asked to come foward and fight with us... We have been going around with a bldg to bldg campaign to see who will fight with us and part timers could care less... They don't vote and never will!

In 93 they sued for seniority to go with vacations. When the classification was introduced that was an agreement from the company and the Union when the company split into 3 districts. The Union did it this way to protect the members. There's your answer!!! For someone who's been here longer than me you should be ashamed of yourself for one not knowing and twould for misleading people on your agenda. You are only out for yourself yoy don't give a rats bass about anyone except yourself. People come into Feeders late and want leap frog other Union members because Feeders didn't work for them 10 years ago, but now it does. I don't think so!!!!

Once again!! Removing and creating jobs, centers, divisions, bldgs or district has nothing to do with Seniority! The company can do this for the needs of the company.. It's in the contract... The union told the company "IF YOU DO THIS, IT HAS TO NOTHING TO DO WITH SENIORITY"

As for the time on the clock... I think you have more company time then me.. What you have only 20 years company time?

By The Book

Part timers are being asked to come foward and fight with us... We have been going around with a bldg to bldg campaign to see who will fight with us and part timers could care less... They don't vote and never will!

Once again!! Removing and creating jobs, centers, divisions, bldgs or district has nothing to do with Seniority! The company can do this for the needs of the company.. It's in the contract... The union told the company "IF YOU DO THIS, IT HAS TO NOTHING TO DO WITH SENIORITY"

As for the time on the clock... I think you have more company time then me.. What you have only 20 years company time?
Is this change you are seeking to be inclusive of all classifications? PT to FT, FT to Feeders, FT driver transfers to others buildings? I don't think the top union guys will take it on, it's too much work. IMO

So, during those 10 years, said driver didn't accrue any seniority? And actually, it seems Terry does give a K about a lot more than just himself. Every ups'er with cold hard company seniority, that has to play the semantics this seniority that seniority this classification that classification.

Having 3 districts in the local has nothing to do with seniority. The company can collapse and create districts when ever they want. It's in the contract... NOTHING TO DO WITH SENIORITY!!

Indecisi0n

I speak to feeder guys and from what I understand. A guy with 6 months of feeder time (and company time) can bump a new feeder driver transfer that has 20 years with the company.

I guess it goes both ways.

jarman

Pt feeder driver here. Jacksonville,fl. Southerm region. I just filled a grievance in the feeder department for full-timers deciding they want to come up to feeders now and jumping me(the list has been up for 3 years)and they are now opening the positionto pt employees. In my region the handbook says (article 48 secton 7 pg 199). "New feeder openings will be filled from the list of qualified employees in the order in which the employee qualifies as a tractor-trailer driver."

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
But if a full time pkg driver has more seniority Ft than you , and has a CDL , then he goes first , no matter if he waited 10-25 years , that's they way it is in N.E st least !