LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So if I humped bundles on pkg car and didn't pick feeders till later on in life , in most cases guys won't because of kids , you mean I should be behind a new hire feeder driver with only a few yrs !!
I don't think so , sorry !!'

ManInBrown

It's not just for feeders. It's for everything. Spoke to a feeder shop steward. He said the Hall put the kibosh on it being just for feeders. RC said it has to be for everything in the company. Package to package transfers, package to feeder, PT to FT. You can't just change the rules for feeders. Would be a complete disaster. Routes would have to be put up for bid every 6 months. And the company is not going to allow it without getting something BIG back in return.Start with no more option week and Black Friday being a regular workday and work from their. I'm totally against it. Would be a complete cluster:censored2:

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A lot of feeder guys will be ticked off as high senority package guys move in after one list.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's not just for feeders. It's for everything. Spoke to a feeder shop steward. He said the hall put the kibosh on it being just for feeders. RC said it has to be for everything in the company. Package to package transfers, package to feeder, PT to FT. You can't just change the rules for feeders. Would be a complete disaster. Routes would have to be put up for bid every 6 months. And the company is not going to allow it without getting something BIG back in return.Start with no more option week and Black Friday being a regular workday and work from their. I'm totally against it. Would be a complete cluster:censored2:
Where do you get "complete disaster" from? They can make the change just for package to feeders if that's what the members want, but we have one FT list here including package car drivers changing centers and it's no big deal. Believe it or not we didn't have to give up our option week either. Why would routes have to be bid every 6 months, that doesn't make sense? Sounds like someone's trying to scare you.

ManInBrown

Where do you get "complete disaster" from? They can make the change just for package to feeders if that's what the members want, but we have one FT list here including package car drivers changing centers and it's no big deal. Believe it or not we didn't have to give up our option week either. Why would routes have to be bid every 6 months, that doesn't make sense? Sounds like someone's trying to scare you.
Are you in 177? Do you go to the union meetings?

It's not happening for just package to feeder. I spoke to a feeder steward this week. RC is saying it's for EVERYTHING. Not just package to feeder. That's directly from RC's mouth at the last union meeting. It's for EVERYTHING only or no dice. And the company is going to want something major in return. From what this steward told me the petition has 400 signatures. 8000 members in 177. I hope this proposal goes down in flames. It's a terrible idea and I'm 100% against it

In the 177 the routes are until you retire or transfer. Routes would have to be bid every 6 months because package transfers would dovetail in.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you in 177? Do you go to the union meetings?

It's not happening for just package to feeder. I spoke to a feeder steward this week. RC is saying it's for EVERYTHING. Not just package to feeder. That's directly from RC's mouth at the last union meeting. It's for EVERYTHING only or no dice. And the company is going to want something major in return. From what this steward told me the petition has 400 signatures. 8000 members in 177. I hope this proposal goes down in flames. It's a terrible idea and I'm 100% against it

In the 177 the routes are until you retire or transfer. Routes would have to be bid every 6 months because package transfers would dovetail in.
Maybe you can answer this question that I have continually asked?

Why should my 23 full time years of humping bundles count for nothing if I were to change full time classifications?

I happen to believe that my full time seniority should go with me, whether I am going to or from, packages, feeders, or 22.3.

Thankfully, this is the case where I work, as it should be.....and it's not a complete disaster, nor do we have to rebid.

Last edited:

By The Book

So if I humped bundles on pkg car and didn't pick feeders till later on in life , in most cases guys won't because of kids , you mean I should be behind a new hire feeder driver with only a few yrs !!
I don't think so , sorry !!'
You have to play by the rules that are at the center/hub you are in. It looks like seniority is honored where you are, but if it was classification you'd have to deal with that.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You have to play by the rules that are at the center/hub you are in. It looks like seniority is honored where you are, but if it was classification you'd have to deal with that.
....or you can change them, in order to make "the rules" equitable for the majority.

No way is it right for my 23 years of packages to count for nothing if I were to change full time classifications.....no way.

I'm all for the switch, IF ITS JUST FOR PACKAGE to FEEDER. That's not the case though from what I've been told
It's up to the members on what they want... If the members want no PT to FT, then that's what it will be... If they want no center to center package, that's what it will be.... If classification is for everyone in local 177, then do you get stripped your seniority rights everywhere you go but not feeder to feede?

I'm sorry but that shop stew lives in a bubble...

oldupsman

I'm all for the switch, IF ITS JUST FOR PACKAGE to FEEDER. That's not the case though from what I've been told

Why? Seniority here counts for everything. Doesn't matter what job you bid. And we bid routes once a year.
It's not a big deal. A package car driver with 25 years in goes to feeder and falls behind some 2 year guy hired
off the street? That's just absurd.

ManInBrown

So you're all for the switch as long as it doesn't negatively impact you. OK got it thanks for the info.
As of right now. Yup pretty much. When I eventually move to feeder and get put behind someone with less company seniority I'll have to suck it up and live with it. I'm a big boy. It is what it is. And yes, I'm worried about myself. This job is all about numero uno. You honestly think another driver in your center cares what time you get done at night? If you do, you're pretty naive.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So you're all for the switch as long as it doesn't negatively impact you. OK got it thanks for the info.
Every member in feeders that wants to make this change is out to better themselves.....if they weren't a red line would be acceptable to them but they don't want that because they would be fighting for something without personal gain

By The Book

....or you can change them, in order to make "the rules" equitable for the majority.

No way is it right for my 23 years of packages to count for nothing if I were to change full time classifications.....no way.
Yes, in time there may be the possibility of changing "them there rules". If you were in a location that wasn't as equitable as you put it, "classification seniority" you would just deal with the hand that your dealt, and it sounds as if you would definitely be an advocate for changing the rules if that were the case.

ManInBrown

And let me just explain why I'm OK to take the hit later when I move to feeder. Because I work in probably the most desirable building/center in 177. If they allow package to package to retain seniority, there will be a tsunami of 15-20 year drivers transferring to my building. I have no interest in that. I'm worried about numero uno