Lunch Runners

Appvol

So do you save some of the beginning of your rte (closest to your satellite) for the end after you drop your pick ups?
Yes I got resi at the end of the day I run after the trailer pulls back to the center but they are in the diad to run at the end. I might have 15 to 20 business stops a day.

Yes I got resi at the end of the day I run after the trailer pulls back to the center but they are in the diad to run at the end. I might have 15 to 20 business stops a day.
I am not an advocate of skipping lunch. I understand the people that are trying to do their best everyday. But there is never any reason to take lunch when you are done just to say you took a lunch.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Sure I am a bit slower in the dark. But if I happen to do the same route for a few days in a row, I’m much more efficient. I always choose which stuff to save for dark. A 10 hour planned day, is still a 10 hour planned day.
Where I’m at, a 10 hour plan day on a rural route is 11 actual hours due to screwed up time studies. You could cut corners and run your backside off to get that to 9-10 hrs (and plenty of drivers unfortunately do that), but doing the job by the methods on extended routes will consistently get you an hour overallowed.

Where I’m at, a 10 hour plan day on a rural route is 11 actual hours due to screwed up time studies. You could cut corners and run your backside off to get that to 9-10 hrs (and plenty of drivers unfortunately do that), but doing the job by the methods on extended routes will consistently get you an hour overallowed.
I cannot cut corners by running my backside off on a rural route. But most likely can drive less miles than Orion. Especially if there is at least one pick up in the board.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you are putting on more miles, it is no longer a 10 hour day. You are increasing your 10 hour planned day. 9 out of 10 days I drive less miles, therefore I am turning a 10 hour planned day into say a 9 hour planned day. Even if I need to break for pick ups.
My 10 hour day is less work because I break off for lunch.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I've always been torn on waiting to take lunch until the end of the day. On my current bid route I take it smack in the middle of the day, no questions asked. But I can understand taking it at the end of the day if you're covering a rural route in the middle of the winter. I've done it before, especially when one of the routes has a killer Italian sub place halfway between the route and the center....