Lunch skippers

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You forgot, sheeting Early a.m.s before commit time. and crosswalk, safety!
Ziggy_4-14-09-1.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

What we need is for local management to make this an issue in their centers. Telematics flags those drivers who work during their meals/breaks. Progressive discipline, up to and including termination, would quickly put an end to this practice. We all know that this won't happen as they love the free labor so perhaps the Union needs to step up and address this issue.

YEP! Unfortunately the only way to force the company's hand would be to have the DIAD shut down. If not then the meal period should be optional and not definite. Or if definite maybe we could all be allowed a specific amount of code 5s per month. Kind of like 8 hour requests.

reginald95

I sometimes take my lunch at the end of the day if the route I"m covering is heavy on business and I will run the risk of missing commit times or pickups. I end up taking it after I'm done but I try to avoid doing this as much as possible. There's a few drivers that always come in during preload in my building to load their own truck. Pretty much working for free.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Sorting truck before start time can be considered enabling. And going in on Saturday on your own time. Lol
How about sorting on your lunch too?
YEP! Unfortunately the only way to force the company's hand would be to have the DIAD shut down. If not then the meal period should be optional and not definite. Or if definite maybe we could all be allowed a specific amount of code 5s per month. Kind of like 8 hour requests.
At my sister's center they DO lock the discs up for mandatory lunch!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I find it rather ironic that people will complain and whine about how much big brother watches their every move yet will advocate another nanny metric of lunch compliance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is off topic but during the PCM yesterday they told us there will be yet another report generated-----this one will show any NDA's sheeted away from the delivery location. Notice I did not say stop completed----this report will show if a NDA has been sheeted and the stop kept open to make sure to make the commit time. Isn't this what they have told us to do for years?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This is off topic but during the PCM yesterday they told us there will be yet another report generated-----this one will show any NDA's sheeted away from the delivery location. Notice I did not say stop completed----this report will show if a NDA has been sheeted and the stop kept open to make sure to make the commit time. Isn't this what they have told us to do for years?
They always told us we should not do that, nudge nudge wink wink.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No , only dishonest drivers would do such a thing, such as yourself. While your at it, when you do get there, go ahead and sigh customers name for them as well, like you like to do. And you have told me you stop complete pick ups when your not really there, is that going to be on the "report"?

BrownTexas

There was a DIAD training we did a few months ago that told us not to scan NDAs til you where in front of the person that was going to sign for them.

S

selfcancelsignal

You're right. I guess they now have a report to make sure we are doing just that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
center manager & OC: "Why did you have 1 late air?" Driver:" 'Cause you loaded me up & I could not make the commit times, so I scanned the parcel before 10:30."

I've only had to do this a few times. Can't win for losing some days.

I'm curious to know the % of customers that actually pay attention to this & try to call Brown on it & not pay NDA fees. Pickup compliance is similar. A lotta customers don't even know or care about their pick up time as long as you get their at a similar time each day & before they close.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Funny thing is I never thought to do that until one day my on-car told me to do it if I had to when I was overdispatched on air. That was before this new campaign against it.