Lunch skippers

No lunch skipping here!
1399668981707.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is off topic but during the PCM yesterday they told us there will be yet another report generated-----this one will show any NDA's sheeted away from the delivery location. Notice I did not say stop completed----this report will show if a NDA has been sheeted and the stop kept open to make sure to make the commit time. Isn't this what they have told us to do for years?
This is old news here. Fired a driver a few years ago in our local for doing this.

At least 2-3 years since anyone here has attempted this.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This is old news here. Fired a driver a few years ago in our local for doing this.

At least 2-3 years since anyone here has attempted this.
I can say its been less than a month since someone was fired here for that exact thing. We tell everyone not to do these things over and over, yet they still do it and wonder why they are sat out for weeks.

browniehound

So...

How much is that pat on the back worth, when you skip your lunch or set up your truck off the clock?

If you did not skip your lunch, and instead invested that $49.50 (1 hour) in overtime into your 401k in stocks, you might be surprised...

Over your career you are handing UPS nearly 3 million dollars !

You can see the number below. I assumed a conservative 8% return on investment in stocks (historically 9-10% long term). Also I assumed 3% annual raises (conservative compared to historical increases)
One hour of overtime pay at $32.99 per hour, 5 days a week.

Your total is $2,986,746 after 35 years.

I hope you enjoy that 3 million dollar pat on the back, you earned it.
You are cheating your family out of this money and handing it to the fat cats at the top.
United Parcel Service Co. gave its chairman and CEO, D Scott Davis compensation valued at $10.7 million in 2012. (4 year business degree Portland State)
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/retirement/401-k-retirement-calculator.aspx

I'm not defending lunch skippers by any stretch here, but I have 2 points to make. One, I really don't give a crap if someone skips their lunch. I have so many problems in my life that make caring if somebody takes a lunch break or not so far down on my priority list that I could really care less. What the heck is the obsession? Its not your problem its his.

Two, sometimes time is much more valuable than money. We don't know how much time we have on this earth, so each minute is precious. 1 extra year with my child is easily worth 3 million dollars.

Its all about how you look at things. Leave the lunch runners alone, they have their reasons and its always not to look good to management. Its also not your problem. At least its not mine.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I'm not defending lunch skippers by any stretch here, but I have 2 points to make. One, I really don't give a crap if someone skips their lunch. I have so many problems in my life that make caring if somebody takes a lunch break or not so far down on my priority list that I could really care less. What the heck is the obsession? Its not your problem its his.

Two, sometimes time is much more valuable than money. We don't know how much time we have on this earth, so each minute is precious. 1 extra year with my child is easily worth 3 million dollars.

Its all about how you look at things. Leave the lunch runners alone, they have their reasons and its always not to look good to management. Its also not your problem. At least its not mine.
It's a contract violation and it affects us all. Guys skipping lunch allows fewer routes which ultimately means fewer bottom seniority guys getting work and fellow drivers having to do more when routes are cut.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's a contract violation and it affects us all. Guys skipping lunch allows fewer routes which ultimately means fewer bottom seniority guys getting work and fellow drivers having to do more when routes are cut.
Number of routes is based on volume, skipping lunch has nothing to do with it. If you take your lunch you'll just work a little later than you would if you skipped it, they're not going to add a route.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Number of routes is based on volume, skipping lunch has nothing to do with it. If you take your lunch you'll just work a little later than you would if you skipped it, they're not going to add a route.
Guys who skip lunch can take out more stops. More stops on lunch skipper cars means less routes. DUH!!!!