Made "book", or "graduated" or "qualified" or whatever the hell you call it.

Dumbo

Your pay rate is guaranteed as long as you are driving. Inside is a different pay rate. And you are only guaranteed 3 1/2 hours per PT sort. And those sorts could be 12 hours apart.

Nope, it's guaranteed full time work. Not 3 1/2 hours. I'm guaranteed 8 hour days. Not only that, I was already told that we are so insanely short handed that I'll be driving after the new year every day. The guys that graduated a few months ahead of me already have seniority to bid on routes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Nope, it's guaranteed full time work. Not 3 1/2 hours. I'm guaranteed 8 hour days. Not only that, I was already told that we are so insanely short handed that I'll be driving after the new year every day. The guys that graduated a few months ahead of me already have seniority to bid on routes.

Are you working in the BOG? What you describe is not the way most centers operate.

Dumbo

Are you working in the BOG? What you describe is not the way most centers operate.

I don't know what the BOG is, but I do know that most of what I've been told since I've joined this forum has not been true. I was told I was seasonal no matter what. Wrong. I was told I wouldn't graduate during peak, wrong. No offense to anybody here but I have learned not to believe many of the posts on this site as they are made by bitter workers who think they have the worst slave labor job in the world and that all centers run exactly the same. I work in a large metropolitan center.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Is your name Jake? Did you work at Autozone?

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know what the BOG is, but I do know that most of what I've been told since I've joined this forum had not been true. I work in a large metropolitan center.

The BOG is a mythical center in up state NY where everything goes as planned and management and hourly are all friends. It is operated by a know-it-all and his butt buddy center manager.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I do know that most of what I've been told since I've joined this forum had not been true.

It's a good thing you know everything so you can correct these mouth breathing punks who just bump their gums and smack their pissflaps all day on here.

Dumbo

I am also echoing what other drivers are saying at my Center, not management. Many of the guys are able to retire and have been there forever and they all just say how short we are and it's a great job if you have good stress management. Saturday one guy told me how he could have retired years ago but he keeps at it because he loves the income and it's worth it.

35years

Gravy route
They baby the new drivers for their first few months. Don't worry there will come a time when that smiling friend of a boss throws you under the bus.

I am not talking about normal, bad or incompetent management, but UPS. You will be shocked what they will do.

Good luck.

now who would that be?:rolleyes:
l0ErK5H6exTmBN7ri.gif

PT Car Washer

I am also echoing what other drivers are saying at my Center, not management. Many of the guys are able to retire and have been there forever and they all just say how short we are and it's a great job if you have good stress management. Saturday one guy told me how he could have retired years ago but he keeps at it because he loves the income and it's worth it.
Was that me? The job is a lot less stressful when you can tell management to stick it and I can make more money being retired then working 60 hours a week and listening to your micromanagement.