Made "book", or "graduated" or "qualified" or whatever the hell you call it.

iruhnman630

There's this thing called free will I've heard about. Basically how it works is that I plan on taking responsibility for my own choices, and changing the things I find I no longer want to partake in. So at some point if I decide that getting paid six figures and having the best health insurance isn't worth the headache of moving cardboard around, I can and will actually change those things I am capable of changing. I'm pretty sure UPS has no legal means of keeping me employed if I decide of my own free will I no longer want to?

Jesus this site is just full of whiny bitches. Man up and stop bitching about something you voluntarily partake in every day. . Oooh! The drama! The slavery!

Out of the couple hundred thousand UPS drivers out there, this site basically has about 20 people who whine about everything in their lives like little kids, about 10 people who actually have a sense of logic and can see different perspectives, and about 8 that are just trying to be helpful and appreciate their jobs. It is hardly representative of the majority of UPS, which is why this site isn't even remotely accurate in it's information. In fact, as I said before, most of the drivers in my hub actually think they have a great job considering the money and insurance. I haven't really seen anybody in my hub who sound like many of you, and I've made friends with older and younger drivers. Most people who like their jobs don't join forums because they go to work, make money, deal with BS, and then go home and spend time with their families. Not sit on a little brown screen bitching all night until their next shift.

Control_90

No offense to anybody here but I have learned not to believe many of the posts on this site as they are made by bitter workers who think they have the worst slave labor job in the world and that all centers run exactly the same. I work in a large metropolitan center.

I have to say from what i've seen on this site so far, I agree with this sentiment. I'm just a seasonal helper in between jobs with a career in the Financial sector - but this job is cake. Sure, it's physically demanding - but it's blue collar work, right? The trade-off is that it's relatively brainless.

I see a few of the same users popping up on this forum that remind me of my old decrepit grandfather when we first set the internet up for him. :laugh: Thanks for the laughs gramps - this forum provided me with a hearty chuckle this evening. Never change.

Tenpoint88

There's this thing called free will I've heard about. Basically how it works is that I plan on taking responsibility for my own choices, and changing the things I find I no longer want to partake in. So at some point if I decide that getting paid six figures and having the best health insurance isn't worth the headache of moving cardboard around, I can and will actually change those things I am capable of changing. I'm pretty sure UPS has no legal means of keeping me employed if I decide of my own free will I no longer want to?

Jesus this site is just full of whiny bitches. Man up and stop bitching about something you voluntarily partake in every day. . Oooh! The drama! The slavery!

Out of the couple hundred thousand UPS drivers out there, this site basically has about 20 people who whine about everything in their lives like little kids, about 10 people who actually have a sense of logic and can see different perspectives, and about 8 that are just trying to be helpful and appreciate their jobs. It is hardly representative of the majority of UPS, which is why this site isn't even remotely accurate in it's information. In fact, as I said before, most of the drivers in my hub actually think they have a great job considering the money and insurance. I haven't really seen anybody in my hub who sound like many of you, and I've made friends with older and younger drivers. Most people who like their jobs don't join forums because they go to work, make money, deal with BS, and then go home and spend time with their families. Not sit on a little brown screen bitching all night until their next shift.

Dumbo, you seem to be a smart, positive guy. Don’t feed and give in to these miserable people. You have to remember, they aren’t insulting you because they don’t like you, they are giving you all this negative feedback because they hate themselves. That’s where it comes from. When you speak so highly and happily, and that your so pleased with your job, it offends them, destroys their self esteem. The majority of people in this world are like that. Blue collar or white collar, they hate their job, hate this, complain about that, and blame everyone else. When in reality, majority of things is in their control, but they are too scared to leave the job they hate, or try something new. The actual problem is themselves.

The fact that you love your job is absolutely awesome. Keep loving it. Don’t let people destroy your happiness because they aren’t happy. Surround yourself with positive people, and honestly, don’t get on this site too much because you will catch some negative feelings about your own life.

I’m only 21, and have had quite an interesting life, have done a lot of things many people told me “you can’t do that” “that won’t work” “why would you want to do that” and guess what, proved them wrong, made the best choice. It’s like a bucket of crabs bro. One almost escapes, what do all the other crabs that can’t escape do? They pull him back in because they want it to suffer like them. Funny analogy but it’s true.

I don’t plan on driving forever. I have my own plan of investments and starting my own business, set my self up so that I can quit around the age of 30 and do what I love to do for work everyday. Sadly if I told most people that would they would be offended and either laugh or insult my plan. They think “You need to work until your 65 like the rest of us.”

I don’t hate the job, nor do I love. I don’t dread it. When I wake up i am content with the job I have. I make great money, and it will provide me with the money I need for future investments and building my business to where I can switch to fully maintaining my business. Anyways, just wanted to give you my thoughts on all this.