Made in USA, Enough Said!

clean hairy

In part of an article I read the other day, Hyundai has no cars recalled due to the Takata Airbag issue.
Seems Hyundai has been using airbags made in the USA.
Interesting, isn't it?
(I posted in this thread to hopefully get max exposure and discussion on this topic)

In part of an article I read the other day, Hyundai has no cars recalled due to the Takata Airbag issue.
Interesting, isn't it?
(I posted in this thread to hopefully get max exposure and discussion on this topic)
My wife has a Hyundai and it's a very nice car. And it's probably more American than most American made cars.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My wife has a Hyundai and it's a very nice car. And it's probably more American than most American made cars.
Have been looking at cars for the Mrs lately....Ford salesman tried the whole made in the USA schtick. Tranny and engine made in Mexico, assembled in Canada. Toyota, the whole damn thing was made here.

W

What The Hawk?

Interesting, isn't it?
Doesn't matter. Hyundai cars air bags still hurt like a bitch when deployed. Can confirm.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Interesting, isn't it?

And your point is?

Lots of 'Murican nameplates have Takata air bags as well of many Furrin manufacturers.

Just a matter of sourcing the cheapest parts to save a buck or two.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Interesting, isn't it?
Really it's not all that interesting

Cementups

Box Monkey
Have been looking at cars for the Mrs lately....Ford salesman tried the whole made in the USA schtick. Tranny and engine made in Mexico, assembled in Canada. Toyota, the whole damn thing was made here.

My grandfather ripped into me about buying Japanese crap and all other BS like that when I bought my first Honda. I was like, "dude, hold your ish. My Honda was built in Ohio by American hands hence putting Americans at work." He just said, "Oh!" I didn't dare tell him that my second Honda, a 2001 Prelude, was built 100% in Japan and brought over here on a boat :laugh:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My grandfather ripped into me about buying Japanese crap and all other BS like that when I bought my first Honda. I was like, "dude, hold your ish. My Honda was built in Ohio by American hands hence putting Americans at work." He just said, "Oh!" I didn't dare tell him that my second Honda, a 2001 Prelude, was built 100% in Japan and brought over here on a boat :laugh:
Should of told him his Chevy was made in Mexico.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Traded an '18 4Runner today (100% Japan) for an '18 Highlander (I think 80% US).

It's a global business.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you're down this way in the next two days let me know. I'm on vacation this week.

Manheim Monday plus shuttling between stores. Tyson's Corners,Va. yesterday. Doylestown today.

I hope I don't 'work' any more this week. I have 28 hours in three days at a part-time job. I need a break.