Mailboxes

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
PA59
Hell, just have an old putter and keyboard that sticks. In many cases, if I dont proof read the post, you are likely to find all sorts of mistakes.

As for hidden messages, I dont usually go that route. Most here will tell you I speak what is on my mind, for better or worse. I leave it up to the reader to agree or disagree, or even to mull over what was written.

As for our gooberment, well, I guess we elected them. We all live in a world of disapointments. But that is for another thread.

d

retiredone

InTheRed said:
We have a driver release mailbox option. When you press deliver, press big arrow down for some more choices...I think it's choice friend.

It is illegal to place parcels in a mailbox. Just an idea, but perhaps the mailbox option is for the retail UPS store?

browniehound

Many people have a bin that they place next to their door or garage with a sign stating 'please place packages in bin. In my opinion there should be an option in the DIAD for this. Perhaps an option that says package was left "With customer preference" so they would know exactly where to look if they were to track the package.

xracer

Driver Release options beyond the main page are determined on a center to center basis. If you have a DR mailbox option where you are it may not necessarily be an option at another center.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You are taking a license with the fact that the diad seems to give you permission to leave packages in the mail box. Repeat, it is against the law, and UPS can be sued, as well as the offender.

Many of my customers had a box right next to or under the mail box for UPS deliveries that would fit into them. If you check with the center team, I am sure that is what they are referring to. The management stand has always been no packages in mail boxes.

d

xracer

Had a driver in our center receive a disciplinary letter today for leaving a package in a mailbox on his route where the customer called in a complaint. This driver would never have gotten a letter if not for the customer calling the national 800# because he is very tight with our center manager but this came down from a corporate level. He was told that this is a federal offence and he should immediately discontinue this practice and if he continues this practice he could face disciplinary actions and possible termination. I don't understand why people don't just do the right thing in the first place and not worry about the repercussions..

pasfailure

Dr option in our board. Big arrow down. u-ups box. Bag it in the bushes below the mailbox and leave a note in the mailbox. Would that be legal? I walk up to the house, and some are long walks. The longer I takes the more I makes!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Bag it in the bushes below the mailbox and leave a note in the mailbox

It is if you do not put a first class stamp on the delivery/info notice.

Interesting, really tight with all the management in the building, but yet he gets into some serious trouble. Wonder how well the management team will try and cover for the driver, or will they let him hang out there to dry on his own. Will they ever admit that they told him to leave it in the mail box?

As far as brownie, he knows that it is wrong, he just wants to argue with me. If someone else posted what I posted, it would never have gotten this far. And that is OK, it helps make this board what it is.:thumbup1:

d