Major East Coast Blizzard

10 point

Just saw the N.Y mayor on TV talking like no one ever saw a snow storm before.
He was talking about not walking because it could be slick....no duh!!
He mentioned branches of trees heavy with snow could break and fall on you.....no duh!
It was like he was talking to 5 year olds.
News to him tho. His limo picks him up at the (covered) front door.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My preload sup stated that Day 2 will be a normal day .
Last time they called no work was at 7am , hours after I left .
So everyone please update if your building is working today .

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-snow-car-buried-boss-work.jpg

UPSGUY72

Watch what you wish for. A few inches of snow can make our jobs dangerous especially if it gets slick. Watch out for the other guy and be especially cautious in intersections. Remeber, no matter what, it's always our fault.

Great post.

Lets all make sure we make it home in one piece these next couple of days. Remember it's only cardboard.

P

pickup

I am in Feeders and I am going in if they don't call me to say that I shouldn't . I wouldn't expect to go out on the roads and I would say no if they told me to. What I expect to be doing is moving trailers off of the bay doors so that the snow plows on property can plow the snow in those areas and then putting the trailers back on the doors. Repeat all day and punch out 14 hours later.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We don't get snow and ice down here often, but it can be dangerous when it happens because most towns down here don't have any way to put down salt, or move snow. I had a run quite a few years ago heading north, and I'd meet a Mesquite or Dallas driver halfway, we'd swap loads and head back to our respective centers. I usually made this run with 2 other drivers from my building and we'd convoy. I knew the forecast, and it was going to be bad. Headed up there and found out they had cancelled all other runs except mine. WTF? There is really no incentive to come in and work those days, since the company is going to charge you if you have any kind of accident. That's why God made snow days!

Purplepackage

That's the truth, "go out there and get everything off in 1foot of snow" but if you get in an accident it's your fault for not using your better judgement in a snow storm

oldngray

nowhere special
We don't get snow and ice down here often, but it can be dangerous when it happens because most towns down here don't have any way to put down salt, or move snow. I had a run quite a few years ago heading north, and I'd meet a Mesquite or Dallas driver halfway, we'd swap loads and head back to our respective centers. I usually made this run with 2 other drivers from my building and we'd convoy. I knew the forecast, and it was going to be bad. Headed up there and found out they had cancelled all other runs except mine. WTF? There is really no incentive to come in and work those days, since the company is going to charge you if you have any kind of accident. That's why God made snow days!

My mom was near Dallas one year when it had an ice storm. None of the stores even had ice scrapers.