Major Furlough at Express?

bacha29

If the rail union rank and file truly believe in a strike they will still carry it out. If not it was all pandering and bluster.
And risk being held in contempt of Congress? Biden stated publicly that he wants something done about that 1 paid sick day provision. Will something be done? Not likely. What you're seeing here is another example of the slowly diminishing power of the American presidency which probably began with the 25th Amendment, War Powers Act and Watergate.
If the rail unions seek and are granted an injunction then things might get interesting.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don’t blame them now I blame them for not backing the democrats since a black man got elected president. Look at a West Virginia, huge union presence and reliably blue until then.
West Virginia presidential elections, 1972-2004
1972 Nixon (R)
1976 Carter (D)
1980 Carter, barely (D)
1984 Reagan (R)
1988 Dukakis (D)
1992 Clinton, 48% of the vote (D); the rest went to Bush and Perot
1996 Clinton (D)
2000 Bush (R)
2004 Bush (R)

I guess by "reliably blue" you mean "about half the time."

It's interesting that you'd make a racial issue of this considering that more WV voters supported in his weaker showing than either Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden in their respective elections.
2008: 303,857
2012: 238,269
2016: 188,794
2020: 235,984

Perhaps they stopped being "reliably blue (well maybe half the time)" about the time the blue party started turning a little more sharply to the left.