Make the Teamsters dangerous again

Whither

Scofflaw
Wow! It is fun to be back on BC and read the stupid, ignorant and intelligent responses.
Free entertainment.
Make a thread re: giving the union teeth and claws and the flunkies come like moths to a flame lmao! "Oh no, not that, you're idiots for even dreaming of such a thing, you don't even know how good you have it! And besides you'll never be able to make the union strong, morons!"

satellitedriver

Make a thread re: giving the union teeth and claws and the flunkies come like moths to a flame lmao! "Oh no, not that, you're idiots for even dreaming of such a thing, you don't even know how good you have it! And besides you'll never be able to make the union strong, morons!"
Your attitude is what makes the union weak.
It is all based on money and who controls it.
It is a symbiotic relationship between workers and the company.
Mouthing off with the words, "idiots" and "morons" is a self explanatory statement of your mind set.
Unions have a deep purpose that has little to do with the confrontations involved 70yrs ago.
I believe in unionism, not the tough guy attitude.
Ask Hoffa, if you can find the 55 gallon barrel he was crammed into.

542thruNthru

Wow! It is fun to be back on BC and read the stupid, ignorant and intelligent responses.
Free entertainment.
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Mouthing off with the words, "idiots" and "morons" is a self explanatory statement of your mind set.
Unions have a deep purpose that has little to do with the confrontations involved 70yrs ago.

Whither

Scofflaw
Hoffa was not a 'tough guy', and unlike you, I don't think everyone is faking at being one. Hoffa's error: you don't outsource your strength to the mob.

If unions have a 'deep purpose that has little to do with the confrontations involved 70yrs ago' then that purpose is simply fading away. Or maybe you haven't noticed that's exactly what's been happening for decades?

'Mouthing off' -- @542thruNthru got you and you know it. :wink-very:

Whither

Scofflaw
I forgot to add: parasitism is a symbiotic relationship. Look up the biology. Yes us FTers make a decent living. Doesn't change that the company is exploiting us. Doesn't matter that that's just what all companies do. But it does matter that they're making windfalls and have become a Wall Street darling, and hopefully we will show just how much that matters in 2023.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Your attitude is why no one works

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hoffa was not a 'tough guy', and unlike you, I don't think everyone is faking at being one. Hoffa's error: you don't outsource your strength to the mob.

If unions have a 'deep purpose that has little to do with the confrontations involved 70yrs ago' then that purpose is simply fading away. Or maybe you haven't noticed that's exactly what's been happening for decades?

'Mouthing off' -- @542thruNthru got you and you know it. :wink-very:

Maybe with the Hoffa dynasty finally put to rest this Union will a actually get back to listening to their membership..

Most of us were not around during the short time that Carey was running the show, not that he was perfect but he was the closest thing that we had as a Union leader. Hoffa was basically an attorney who maintained the status quo, the Companies knew he had no teeth and when push came to shove he would cave in. The last couple of UPS contracts were a prime example of his true nature.

I hope the new administration will be spreading more power to the conferences and locals. This one man (big brother) way of running any Union has to go, we are paying for their salaries they are not our (Overlords).

satellitedriver

Here we go again lol!

While making record profits the company has been trying to squeeze 6 days a week out of many of us year-round, and you're suggesting 'the working conditions exist where [unions are] irrelevant and only suck the company dry.' LMAO!!!!

I think it's time for you to go to China and be a good delivery boy, or hell, a longshoreman -- since you've lamented the port inefficiencies before. I'm eager to hear your report back so you can enlighten us about the 'happy medium of productivity', as well as -- you didn't say -- the 'happy medium of workers' rights'.
I worked 7 days a week for over 40yrs.
When working under the USW union and the IBEW union, they allowed "forced" overtime.
12hrs a day 6 days a week.
I was offered a job to train people in China to maintain/run draglines in coal mines.
$20,000.00 a month and all living expenses paid.
I declined the offer.
All people have the "rights" to work, but they must have the will to work.

Whither

Scofflaw
I worked 7 days a week for over 40yrs.
When working under the USW union and the IBEW union, they allowed "forced" overtime.
12hrs a day 6 days a week.
Did you work 7 days or 6 days? Either way, that's awful. My wife's IBEW local does not allow forced OT. Trade work tends to be irregular ... I would not mind at all working 8 or 9 months a year (though not 6 days a week) and laying off the rest.

How did you become a moderator here/where were you working that much with UPS?
I was offered a job to train people in China to maintain/run draglines in coal mines.
$20,000.00 a month and all living expenses paid.
I declined the offer.
Why did you decline?

All people have the "rights" to work, but they must have the will to work.
I'm not sure what you're talking about besides echoing corporate media tropes re: 'laziness'. I don't know anywhere in this country where people enjoy any legal guarantee of being hired to work and earn a livelihood. At most we are granted limited, purely formal 'freedoms' of being considered for hire.

satellitedriver

Did you work 7 days or 6 days? Either way, that's awful. My wife's IBEW local does not allow forced OT. Trade work tends to be irregular ... I would not mind at all working 8 or 9 months a year (though not 6 days a week) and laying off the rest.

How did you become a moderator here/where were you working that much with UPS?

Why did you decline?

I'm not sure what you're talking about besides echoing corporate media tropes re: 'laziness'. I don't know anywhere in this country where people enjoy any legal guarantee of being hired to work and earn a livelihood. At most we are granted limited, purely formal 'freedoms' of being considered for hire.
One question at a time.
IBEW allowed forced overtime in the coal mines of East Texas ,per contract.
USW had the same language when I was a structural fitter.
Also, I worked a second job when I was a fitter. Newly married and dead ass broke.
4hrs sleep was a lot for me back then and until the day I retired from UPS.
While working for UPS I had a side business doing custom metal work.
Why did I decline China?
Obviously, you have not read my past posts.
In 1979 I found the land and the lifestyle I wished to live.
Basic hard work, planning, and investing paid off for me being able to retire at 60 totally debt free.
Legal guarantees?
Opp's, if you do not belong to the union, in certain parts of the USA, you can not work for the company.
Other part's of the country your life is in danger for not joining.
I need another beer while you contemplate who really controls your life.

Cheryl asked me to be a moderator about 13yrs ago. Retired from UPS 8yrs ago and never moderated again.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
One question at a time.
IBEW allowed forced overtime in the coal mines of East Texas ,per contract.
USW had the same language when I was a structural fitter.
Also, I worked a second job when I was a fitter. Newly married and dead ass broke.
4hrs sleep was a lot for me back then and until the day I retired from UPS.
While working for UPS I had a side business doing custom metal work.
Why did I decline China?
Obviously, you have not read my past posts.
In 1979 I found the land and the lifestyle I wished to live.
Basic hard work, planning, and investing paid off for me being able to retire at 60 totally debt free.
Legal guarantees?
Opp's, if you do not belong to the union, in certain parts of the USA, you can not work for the company.
Other part's of the country your life is in danger for not joining.
I need another beer while you contemplate who really controls your life.

Cheryl asked me to be a moderator about 13yrs ago. Retired from UPS 8yrs ago and never moderated again.
06942022-DE60-4251-8075-5449FA09263D.gif

Shhhhhhh…🤫