Make up for holiday? On topic please

AllOnTheHorses

Preload manager and union steward came around to proclaim that all Tues-Sat workers have to come in on Monday to make up for the Saturday holiday. Is this legal? Oklahoma is indeed a "right to work" state.
Edit-they tried this before over peak but hr said they could not force that. I will ask hr if I can tmw. But odd that union steward is in on this one.

Last edited:

AwashBwashCwash

What is "making up for a holiday?"
It's a holiday in the contract. There aren't any stipulations that it has to be made up on your weekend. Wtf?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Preload manager and union steward came around to proclaim that all Tues-Sat workers have to come in on Monday to make up for the Saturday holiday. Is this legal? Oklahoma is indeed a "right to work" state.
Edit-they tried this before over peak but hr said they could not force that. I will ask hr if I can tmw. But odd that union steward is in on this one.
Seventh day punch is double time.

I'll "make up" for some holidays if they want.

AllOnTheHorses

Could not catch up with HR today.
But forcing us to work outside of our hiring agreement seems like a load of BS.
They could not make it stick over peak..but now union is siding with Tulsa management.
?
Is the union really this weak?
The Monday - Friday half of the building better watch out as there are more holidays that fall during the week. So if this genie gets out of the bottle they will be up for working on Sarurdays.

Last edited:

Saca La

What is it?
I would just tell my supervisor that I will be out of town till Monday night. I will be calling off on Monday morning. Sorry. Have a nice holiday

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
source.gif

AllOnTheHorses

Well.. pretty soon this union will not have any teeth left. The only thing good about ups was the union. If they can't set boundaries against the erosion of your days off from a demanding job, what good are they?

This is not about this one little "holiday".
ups will play this card from now on.
Are you going to be glad some holiday is coming? Don't be. You will have to make up for it.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Well.. pretty soon this union will not have any teeth left. The only thing good about ups was the union. If they can't set boundaries against the erosion of your days off from a demanding job, what good are they?

This is not about this one little "holiday".
ups will play this card from now on.
Are you going to be glad some holiday is coming? Don't be. You will have to make up for it.
What region?