Making a stop one of your last

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Developing a sense of entitlement around getting tips or gifts is extremely unprofessional and inappropriate, especially when we make $32 an hour.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I don't get a Xmas tip, I am not going out of my way for customer. Tips=superior service.

I only have one customer who this pertains to. Only for the sole reason that during the first year I delivered to him he was ecstatic that I was getting his stuff to him at 9:30 am when the previous driver wasn't getting his stuff to him until 11-12, or later. So over and over I kept hearing him say he would take care of me come Christmas time. Christmas came and went and nary a word, never mind any "taking care of." The next year, same thing. So after a few years of false promises, I stopped caring as much and just put his deliveries in trace with everyone else's.

Rainman

Its all good.
I would be more upset at being handed a dollar than I would if I were handed a card with a heartfelt "thanks for your service" handwritten on the inside. I am a 53 year old man----what the hell am I going to do with a dollar? Save that for when the grandkids come over.
Whatever someone does for me, I try to appreciate it because they are trying to show their appreciation for me. But I would rather have cash in hand any day instead of a card I would look at once and then throw into the trash. At least the cash is useful.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

Whatever someone does for me, I try to appreciate it because they are trying to show their appreciation for me. But I would rather have cash in hand any day instead of a card I would look at once and then throw into the trash. At least the cash is useful.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Exactly. Some of these idiots [here] are perched too high on their soap boxes to acknowledge this simple thing. This particular customer had a lot of special requests for her delivery. One, she wanted us to use the entry code that building management requested we not use to gain entry to her complex. Management dealt with that. Then we were to DR all of her stuff by the front Apt door. If you left a notice you got a concern, even if the stuff was signature required. If something was stolen, and a few things were, she ripped into you because it was your fault. Our center manager understood the complexity of this particular PITA, and still told us to DR all packages by her door. You were damned if you did, damned if you didn't. She complained every day about the delivery time, even though I was only off by a few minutes from the same time daily. 11:01 AM, 11:03 AM, 11:02 AM, etc. Almost like clockwork you could set your watch by what time I made that stop because I always took my lunch right after I did the businesses on the Ave, and her building. 4 years of this pain in my ass of constantly bitching, yet I treated her just like all of my stops with an friend'ing smile, and did what she asked. When she gave me a stinking card it was a slap in the face. 4 years of constant bitching and a stupid card? friend her. I don't care what any of you self anointed delivery Gods think about what I have to say. Some of you talk a good game, but are as transparent as Cling Wrap. I would've rather she handed me a lousy $1 for my troubles than a card that I took more as an insult than anything. I don't tape my tip cards to the roof of my 800 like UpState dooshbag does, or take them home to place on a giant mantle to pat myself on the back. I work my ass off every day to do the best I can for my customers, and myself, and just want to get home after a long day with as minimal irritations from work as possible. She was a constant thorn in any of our sides when we delivered to her, so when I say I'd rather she shoved that card up her glory hole the rest of you can stfu about my reasons why. Look in the mirror first before you judge anyone else. Dave, the rest of you dicks quick to jump on your keyboards like a bunch of vaginal cowboys. You can lick my undercarriage after 12 hours of dealing with other :censored2:heads. A $1 would've been more significant coming from her than a $50 Gift Card I get from a few other stops, but the cheap bitch who loves to rag on her delivery people every day wouldn't do that. No, a card she gave which she probably got from someone else for free IMO. Any of you that say you'd rather get a card over cash are full of :censored2:. Stop grandstanding on this site and trying to prove how perfect you all are. The BS is overwhelming.

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
gimmie your address so I can send you a fuggin dollar so can do your job without the "Days of OUr Lives" fuggin drama... you're pushin cardboard and get paid well to do it.... you say stop grandstanding , but thats all you do.... your bs is overwhelming... have a drink

Marne Vet

oh yea, have a safe day tomorrow.

You too. I might not agree with you, but I wouldn't want anyone from [here] to not have a safe day. The only thing that's of absolute importance is getting home safe to our families. Then we can fight amongst ourselves here after we've made it home safe.

Marne Vet

There was never a round 1. Just some clowns trying to be extra scary on the Internet. My favorite line was how I'd be carrying teeth. Get a load of this guys confidence. Someone has an inferiority complex. In the Army we have a term for tough guys like that. Mostly I just laugh at all the hard typing though. Look out! Scary man with a keyboard! Good stuff. Unless he's 6' 5" and an inch taller than me all this bravado on the forum is just sad. Hope he doesn't initiate a CAPS LOCK war. That could be the end for all of us. haha