Making a stop one of your last

Cementups

Box Monkey
You do realize it's your job and you get paid very well to deliver to her house everyday? Man you make it sound like she asks you to take her garbage out or bring in her mail when you drop off her packages.

On my old route, when I would park on the road, on my way to the front door I would also trap the newspaper off the driveway and take it up to the front porch with the package. One day I had a customer told me, "A bunch of us in the neighborhood noticed that you bring our papers up to the house and were curious why." I told her, "because a newspaper in the driveway tells a would be criminal that you are not home. Especially if there are a couple there. It tells me you are on vacation and no one is taking care of that for you. I'm just doing my part to keep things safe around here. No big deal. I walk by it anyway, so why not pick it up." I got many thank you's following that. It really was no big deal.

PeasAndCarrots

For the record, this thread is (was) about making a stop your last due to them having wronged you in some way. The fact that some drivers actually sulk at the level of a tip, or no tip at all is literally jaw dropping to me.

I'm on board if a customer is a :censored2:bag, heck yeah, talk bad about them and deliver to them last but as for a customer who is average or even above, treat them with the same respect you would want your FedEx guy to give you when he delivers to your house on a Saturday while you're outside working. C'mon people!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394256553.476234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johney

On my old route, when I would park on the road, on my way to the front door I would also trap the newspaper off the driveway and take it up to the front porch with the package. One day I had a customer told me, "A bunch of us in the neighborhood noticed that you bring our papers up to the house and were curious why." I told her, "because a newspaper in the driveway tells a would be criminal that you are not home. Especially if there are a couple there. It tells me you are on vacation and no one is taking care of that for you. I'm just doing my part to keep things safe around here. No big deal. I walk by it anyway, so why not pick it up." I got many thank you's following that. It really was no big deal.
I know what you're saying I would do the same. Just for someone to bitch to that extent for not getting a tip is just ridicules.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have a place that every year gives me a large tin of nuts. One year after the economy tanked, the owner of the business came up to me and sadly told me that while he still appreciated my efforts he was unable to give me a gift that year. I assured him that I understood and in no way took any offense because I had seen their pick up volume drop and knew they were having tough times. The next year things picked up and again I was presented with the nuts. I thanked him and told him that I was so happy because these nuts were a sign thingsnwere turning around.

I have had customers gift me one year and not the next but it never occurs to me to be spiteful. We deal with petty and small people daily so I refuse to stoop to their level. I take any gift, no matter how large or small, and thank the customer.

Had the same thing happen to me. A customer always gave me 50 bucks for Christmas, one year he didnt give me anything. The following Christmas he gave me a 100 bucks and a goddie basket. I said this is too much money. he said I felt bad about last year........then he went on to explain that the previous year wasn't a financially good one for him.

Marne Vet

You do realize it's your job and you get paid very well to deliver to her house everyday? Man you make it sound like she asks you to take her garbage out or bring in her mail when you drop off her packages.

I know it's my job hero. I had a smile on my face every day when she was berating me. I still treat everyone regardless of their demeanor the same. I don't have to "like" it, and can vent whenever the friend I want. 'Murica bro. I'd rather deal with her bitching than some of the stupid comments I've read [here]. Everyone's a typical armchair quarterback. I'm sure you'd be all warm and fuzzy inside towards a customer that did nothing but crap all over you every time you had to deal with them in person. *slow clap for you hero*

Johney

I know it's my job hero. I had a smile on my face every day when she was berating me. I still treat everyone regardless of their demeanor the same. I don't have to "like" it, and can vent whenever the friend I want. 'Murica bro. I'd rather deal with her bitching than some of the stupid comments I've read [here]. Everyone's a typical armchair quarterback. I'm sure you'd be all warm and fuzzy inside towards a customer that did nothing but crap all over you every time you had to deal with them in person. *slow clap for you hero*
Yawn.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Be honest. You seem to be a bad situation waiting to happen.

Marne Vet

Be honest. You seem to be a bad situation waiting to happen.

In what way? Retired Vet that left with an impeccable record. Zero disciplinary incidents, or Article 15's. 20+ years driving for UPS with a pretty slim Pittsburgh folder, albeit a few minor hiccups along the way, like failure to shave a few times etc. I'm the farthest thing from a "situation waiting to happen". I say what's on my mind off the clock. Aside from just making random assumptions about people on the Internet, is there anything you do [here] that's actually useful besides making stupid insinuations?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In what way? Retired Vet that left with an impeccable record. Zero disciplinary incidents, or Article 15's. 20+ years driving for UPS with a pretty slim Pittsburgh folder, albeit a few minor hiccups along the way, like failure to shave a few times etc. I'm the farthest thing from a "situation waiting to happen". I say what's on my mind off the clock. Aside from just making random assumptions about people on the Internet, is there anything you do [here] that's actually useful besides making stupid insinuations?
Every story you share with us is a confrontation with someone. I've been driving 25 years and don't have one bad story to share. It's not that complicated to drop off boxes.