Making a stop one of your last

wayfair

swollen member
There was never a round 1. Just some clowns trying to be extra scary on the Internet. My favorite line was how I'd be carrying teeth. Get a load of this guys confidence. Someone has an inferiority complex. In the Army we have a term for tough guys like that. Mostly I just laugh at all the hard typing though. Look out! Scary man with a keyboard! Good stuff. Unless he's 6' 5" and an inch taller than me all this bravado on the forum is just sad. Hope he doesn't initiate a CAPS LOCK war. That could be the end for all of us. haha
oooo mr marne...aka billy baddasss on keyboard... you're so cool

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think I get what Marne is saying. If the woman had been a kind, sweet, and appreciative customer then the card would have been a nice gesture. But since she was a pain the card adds insult to injury. I have found that the most kind and appreciative customers show it year round while the pains think five bucks in an envelope gives them the right to treat you like dirt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think I get what Marne is saying. If the woman had been a kind, sweet, and appreciative customer then the card would have been a nice gesture. But since she was a pain the card adds insult to injury. I have found that the most kind and appreciative customers show it year round while the pains think five bucks in an envelope gives them the right to treat you like dirt.

So rather than tear up the card and whine like a little girl on an Internet forum why not just take the card and thank her when you make her next delivery? "Kill her with kindness".

I tape all of my Christmas cards to the wall just inside my front door. I compile a list of cards that I receive from my customers and make sure to send a thank you card in return. I have yet to receive an "empty" card but if I did I would include that person in my list of thank you cards.

FilingBluesFL

I would have complained too---only an idiot would DR 4 boxes of T-shirts in front of a closed business.

Sent using BrownCafe App

And I'm sure you're as much of an ass as this guy is, too.

NO hours posted on his door.

Shows up to HIS business when it's convenient for him.

If an info notice is posted, he gets on the phone, calls in a customer concern, DEMANDS you return to his business now that it's CONVENIENT for him.

Accuses you of NOT putting an info notice on is door (how did he magically know that we'd already been there and made an attempt?)

If you don't, goes flying up and down the industrial park looking for you, then when he finds you parks his truck in front of you forcing you to stop and deal with him.

He gets in to yelling and screaming matches with the USPS woman on a weekly basis.

EVERYTHING the guy ships out (has a daily pickup account) IS LEFT OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR OF HIS BUSINESS ANYWAY!!!!!!

Next time I'm throwing the crap in the retention pond. I could care less about some jerkoff with an attitude problem.

Your stuff I'd just run over and THEN throw in the pond, Dave.

Supervisor said I did the right thing, end of story. Go change the guys diaper if you two want to be angry about it together.

Marne Vet

I am fully aware of how the ignore list works. Right now I have the two elderly people (rod and moreluck), the two simple minded (IVE and BB58), the indecisive (Indecision) and the useless (407/anonymous) on my list. I wonder if there is room for a jerk on that list?

I think your posts on this thread in particular have made you the most hated person on this site. Just sayin'.

There's room. Knock yourself out. It would be an honor to make your Ignore List.

rod

Retired 22 years
I am fully aware of how the ignore list works. Right now I have the two elderly people (rod and moreluck), the two simple minded (IVE and BB58), the indecisive (Indecision) and the useless (407/anonymous) on my list. I wonder if there is room for a jerk on that list?

I think your posts on this thread in particular have made you the most hated person on this site. Just sayin'.

Is there an echo in here? It nice that Upstate has his little "who's on his ignore list" speech memorized". He reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang knocking on Pennys door.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No one likes an empty card.

I have a lady that gives me a card with a $15 gift card in it for Starbucks. I appreciate her effort. The only thing is.......I don't like coffee, and their hot chocolate taste like ass. So I thank you and think, "My wife will like this. Something for her to say thanks for putting up with my crappy hours." And she does. She can get herself a couple lattes when she feels the need.

Island

In regards to the idea of a difficult person giving a person a small tip and the person being offended that such a small tip doesn't make up for their difficulty... think of how many people this person has to give gifts to year-round, to say, "Sorry I am such a difficult person all the time." As a difficult person I try to go out of my way to occasionally be nice to a lot of people. Sometimes I can only do a little bit for each. Sometimes I pay for breakfast with the new hires, because they get treated like crap by mgmt and sometimes also by me when I am frustrated at their lack of training and operational understanding.

Upstate, that's downright old fashioned of you. It's a shame more people don't send out thank-you cards these days. These young pups don't even know what a thank-you card is.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got a bottle of wine yesterday.I didnt want it, but it got broke at the check in counter, so it didnt matter anyway. Regift to someone who does, easy.

Rainman

Its all good.
No one likes an empty card.

I have a lady that gives me a card with a $15 gift card in it for Starbucks. I appreciate her effort. The only thing is.......I don't like coffee, and their hot chocolate taste like ass. So I thank you and think, "My wife will like this. Something for her to say thanks for putting up with my crappy hours." And she does. She can get herself a couple lattes when she feels the need.
How do you know what ass tastes like?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Island---every year just before Peak our center manager will stand before us in the PCM and tell us, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, that we are not allowed to accept tips, knowing full well that we do.

There is nothing wrong with accepting a tip as a thank you for exceptional customer service and, yes, it is imperative that you follow that up with a thank you note or heartfelt "thank you".

There is definitely something wrong with tailoring the level of service that you provide to the amount of money that they tip you. Strong arming a customer by dramatically changing their delivery time in order to receive a tip is quite clearly the wrong thing to do and any concern received as a result of doing this is clearly justified. Discarding a gift from a customer on their property is beyond reprehensible.

Go play in traffic. There was quite a bit more about the story that I left out that was pertinent but I didn't include it. The owner turned out to be an :censored2: and I used what I had to my advantage. Did you read the part where I said it's at the end of my route anyway? You seem to tailor the posts to suit you anyway Dave. I couldn't care any less of what you think of my actions. I was pissed, I did what I did and it's been many years since I did it. Would I do it again? Probably not, I hope it made you feel better about yourself to post what you did.

Never in my 30 years career did anybody tell me or my fellow workers that it was against company policy to accept tips. It just happened to be easy for me to do what I did because 1, it was at the end of my route, 2 I don't like turkey, and 3 he set a huge precedent in the past of giving me huge tips.

Just put me on ignore upstate, I don't want nor do I need your input at all. You have this air of aloofness about you that's just irreprehensible.

Johney

Yeah, a lady that gets deliveries EVERY stinking day handed me a card one Peak that was empty. Just a damn card. You spend money on a stupid Hallmark, but can't just give me the $3 for a drink and a snack?! I tore that card apart and threw it away. Some people are clueless. Your card isn't a nice gesture. Buying me lunch is. I don't need your witty choice of poetic thanks written in New Times Roman font. I'll take a $1 for a soft pretzel, and you can save $2 next year. :censored2:
You do realize it's your job and you get paid very well to deliver to her house everyday? Man you make it sound like she asks you to take her garbage out or bring in her mail when you drop off her packages.