Making scratch

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So, this isn't about @scratch's mom and dad?
tenor (14).gif

Im going to start my 30 days next week and I’m reading other threads here and I’d like to understand certain terminology. People are talking about X number of clicks.
1. What does clicks mean and how do you go over them?
2. Does making scratch basically mean not going over Orion’s time and mileage?
3. Should I always follow trace and only brake it for airs and pick ups?

Thank you

Orion has nothing to do with time allowances, I've finished routes at the time Orion said I should, and was two hours over. If you want to get an idea of how you are doing without any reports, divide your total number of delivery stops by number of on road hours (total hours minus inside time and lunch) to get your stops per on road hour (sporh). Generally, with a 20 sporh you should be scratch, but it may not need to be that high, and that number could be skewed if you have a big pick up route.

Last edited:

lolbr

They cheat the parameters on an OJS. OJS is a sane normal and efficient day. Day after when it's done they go back to pounding me and my men with a big ol fist 11 hour days and a whole ton of time and money flushed down the toilet.
The last OJS ride I had, I got comments about how good a pace I was keeping all day. Wasn't running, just worked the route smoothly. Checked next day, 0.85 over.