Making UPS a career?

JL 0513

Any idea what i should go to college for? Gonna go to college for something simple while i'm doing PT at UPS, just to have a degree. May even just go to trade school and learn a trade or something instead of college.

Plumbing, welding, etc. All in high demand.

JL 0513

Don't make the same mistake that a MAJORITY of students are making. And that's going to college for something that won't produce a job at the end.

Lucidd

Don't make the same mistake that a MAJORITY of students are making. And that's going to college for something that won't produce a job at the end.
Welding and plumbing produces jobs for sure. I plan to be a member of this site for years to come. I can see it now. Signed up at 16, and is now a UPS driver/welder.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I
The lower tier would no doubt still be very good pay.
I might not be a top rate full time driver yet, but I was verrry well compensated last year. More than one of the more frequent posters on here claimed for last year.:martinismiley:
My brother joined the Plumbers/pipefitters union and makes over six figures working OT at a GM plant.
I was going to say pipefitter, but there can be some involved schooling/math for some of that work. At least that's what I got from some gals in Local 597 http://www.pf597.org when I was taking some labor courses. One was a former teacher with an engineering degree.:smartass::student: Another was working on a major project in a refinery around here. She said it was the closest thing to Hell she could imagine on this Earth.:devil: