Man, Are All of The New Drivers Jerks?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Met one of the relief drivers today and he was such a jerk!

I asked where the regular driver was and a couple other questions
and he was being such an a-hole.

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

Good way to keep the company growing , people.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

You ever think it might be you?
Just wondering

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

What a disgrace.

You did alright, switching from the stripper pole to the big rig every weekend.

542thruNthru

Great another old timer I hate the younger generation circle jerk thread.

source-29.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What a disgrace.

Hello? This is Generation Snowflake, coddled and feeling entitled

542thruNthru

Whos side you on---after all you are kind of in the middle age wise.
I think UPS brought this on themselves. They want to treat people poorly and pay them close to minimum wage for 5-10 years they are going to get employees that don't care.

I think people over react about appearance guidelines these days. The so called "old days" are gone and UPS has done that to themselves. I seem to remember drivers like your age wearing shorts that could barely cover your balls and a button up shirt that was half open so could show off your chest hair like idiots back in the day. I believe I've even see picture of it on here. Every generation wears something stupid.

I think OlRoad is making :censored2: up as usual and I feel like even if she isn't we don't know what "questions" she asked. Probably personally insulted him for his appearance and then didn't like that he jabbed back at her/him.

Either way who cares. Deliver the packages and stay safe out there. That's all people really need to do anymore.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think UPS brought this on themselves. They want to treat people poorly and pay them close to minimum wage for 5-10 years they are going to get employees that don't care.

I think people over react about appearance guidelines these days. The so called "old days" are gone and UPS has done that to themselves. I seem to remember drivers like your age wearing shorts that could barely cover your balls and a button up shirt that was half open so could show off your chest hair like idiots back in the day. I believe I've even see picture of it on here. Every generation wears something stupid.

I think OlRoad is making :censored2: up as usual and I feel like even if she isn't we don't know what "questions" she asked. Probably personally insulted him for his appearance and then didn't like that he jabbed back at her/him.

Either way who cares. Deliver the packages and stay safe out there. That's all people really need to do anymore.

Quit looking at my balls.--- :-)

UnionStrong

We had time for side pieces on the route back then, shorts and a half buttoned shirt didn’t hurt.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

I HATE having to give you a "winner". I'll get over it.

Pullman Brown

What a disgrace.

Most of the cover drivers I know have a good attitude and have handled it fairly well despite a poor contract!

Last edited:

ManInBrown

I have a theory on new package drivers with attitudes. It’s such a ball busting job they get sick and tired of every other customer with the “Where’s our regular driver” they figure i‘ll just beat them to the punch and act like an A hole from jump.

UnionStrong

I have a theory on new package drivers with attitudes. It’s such a ball busting job they get sick and tired of every other customer with the “Where’s our regular driver” they figure i‘ll just beat them to the punch and act like an A hole from jump.
I hated answering that when I was a cover driver, but then, I hated everything. Lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
probably right. I was just trying to be friendly. asking about the hub and the different old bosses and such. he kinda changed his tune after I told him I was a retired feeder. but that doesnt excuse his rudeness beforehand.

Not a good impression.