Management changes our pay code...

wowirock

Im a fairly new driver. Yesterday I worked, and this morning I see my pay from yesterday has been changed to Pay Actual from the Pay Guarantee I clocked in as. I ask the lady behind the desk to fix it. She tells me the center manager told her to make everyone pay actual for that day. I am part of the Southern States supplemental, article 57 "If called and reporting, employees shall be guaranteed 8 hours pay." Is this behavior from management typical? They basically see what they can get away with right? Anyone want to chime in and give me their two cents?

charm299

Im a fairly new driver. Yesterday I worked, and this morning I see my pay from yesterday has been changed to Pay Actual from the Pay Guarantee I clocked in as. I ask the lady behind the desk to fix it. She tells me the center manager told her to make everyone pay actual for that day. I am part of the Southern States supplemental, article 57 "If called and reporting, employees shall be guaranteed 8 hours pay." Is this behavior from management typical? They basically see what they can get away with right? Anyone want to chime in and give me their two cents?
I’m in the southern supplement and our center manager said all hours yesterday would be coded 05

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is this behavior from management typical? They basically see what they can get away with right? Anyone want to chime in and give me their two cents?

You are a wise one my friend it takes some many years hell some never figure it out

Use this knowledge to your advantage

KoennenTiger

If you are having a short day and want code 06 you need to tell your ORS. At which point he will say you can have your guarantee, but they will find 8 hours of work for you. They'll have you call in when you finish and go get someone else's work since they are going code 05.

But yes mngmt changes this whenever they feel like it. Keep track of your time yourself and check it. Mngmt is known to falsify time cards. We had an an ORS get fired for doing this. Good riddance to that scum

wowirock

If you are having a short day and want code 06 you need to tell your ORS. At which point he will say you can have your guarantee, but they will find 8 hours of work for you. They'll have you call in when you finish and go get someone else's work since they are going code 05.

But yes mngmt changes this whenever they feel like it. Keep track of your time yourself and check it. Mngmt is known to falsify time cards. We had an an ORS get fired for doing this. Good riddance to that scum
According to the Southern States Supplemental I don't need to tell management I want code 6 if I am having a short day. No where does it say that. Let me repeat Article 57
"If called and reporting, employees shall be guaranteed eight (8) hours pay."

Best contract ever...

Rack em

Made the Podium
Article 12

"The employer shall not alter the information from the diad board or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee's compensable time, without the employee's knowledge."

File and get paid!

Article 12

"The employer shall not alter the information from the diad board or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee's compensable time, without the employee's knowledge."

File and get paid!
They have been trying to do that crap here. The old days are gone. I tell all the younger guys do not pick out one second before your 8 hours

542thruNthru

Do I get my gold star today!?

I like seeing members using the whole contract when addressing a issue. Most focuse on just a single article.

It's the reason why people should always put the article "and all applicable" when filing a grievance.

Now here's your gold star. :)
gold-star-gif-3.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
I like seeing members using the whole contract when addressing a issue. Most focuse on just a single article.

It's the reason why people should always put the article "and all applicable" when filing a grievance.

Now here's your gold star. :)
View attachment 277574
But that's why my management team pretty much despises me. I not only us the entire contract against them, but I use the methods and THEIR diad training against them too. It's the best when I'm talking with a supervisor and they are trying to make a point and I keep throwing language at them. Then when they think they got me cornered I throw some diad training at them and how it contradicts what they're saying so I don't have to do what they say. It honestly puts a big smile on my face.

542thruNthru

But that's why my management team pretty much despises me. I not only us the entire contract against them, but I use the methods and THEIR diad training against them too. It's the best when I'm talking with a supervisor and they are trying to make a point and I keep throwing language at them. Then when they think they got me cornered I throw some diad training at them and how it contradicts what they're saying so I don't have to do what they say. It honestly puts a big smile on my face.

Yep I love it.

It's the main reason i read every single DIAD training and not just skip to the end. It's also why I have read the 340 methods a few times.

It's so much fun telling them they are wrong when they try and say some make believe method. I have literally said. "Would you like me to pull them up on my phone?"