Management messing with my start times

Boston25

For those of you who give the advice of file a grievance, what do I pay a union for if I’m doing the work. It’s mind-boggling.
Did you ask your steward about it and ask him why it doesn’t get grieved? Maybe you should run for steward. Instead of complaining and making excuses do something about it.

You’re a clown if you show up to UPS early to “set up your area.” Opening bay doors, trailer doors, touching totes, etc. When I was PT this was 90% of the preload, who then complain about hours getting cut, too much work, etc.

I used to clock in 1 min prior to my start time. If the work is already coming down the belt and you did PCM, not my fault, I’m on time.

Also, if you’re PT and even touch 1 package on your SHORT TEN MINUTE break, you forfeit any right to complain about anything. I know people who have preloaded for 8 years and work through their ENTIRE break every day without fail. WHY! IS YOU STUPID OR IS YOU DUMB?

542thruNthru

For those of you who give the advice of file a grievance, what do I pay a union for if I’m doing the work. It’s mind-boggling.

Filing a grievance is work?
giphy (8).gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And I always show up early because I don't like being stressed out about running late first thing in the morning and each time I show up early they tell me to start unloading the send agains.

If this is the case, then yes, they owe you your pay.

If you are starting early on your own without them telling you, then no, they do not owe you the pay.

I thought they wouldn't do this to me since I was working they would put my start time when I worked.

I'm guessing the Sup "forgot" to change your start time when he started you early, even though you wrote it down.

Remind him that he started you early and ask him to fix your pay.

If he doesn't, get with your Steward. You probably won't even need to file a grievance. Your Steward should be able to get you paid.

The Union does not know that you were "wronged." You have to tell them by talking to your Steward or filing a grievance, and then let the Union do their job.

The Union negotiates working conditions and pay through the contract. If UPS violates the contract against you, and refuses to correct it, then you need to inform the Union and let them handle it.

That's why you pay dues.

If nobody complains to the Union, by talking to a Steward or filing a grievance, how does the Union know UPS is violating the contract?

Last edited:

RolloTony Brown Town

What is a schedule at UPS? There isn’t one. The manager tells us 21 hours before of next days start time. It’s never 24 hour notice. That’s a big union failure. Hired to work 4:15am-8:15am. Have never had that shift.

The grievance process does work.

If you feel you aren’t getting 24 hours notice then file.

Supervisor says schedule is posted. Ask where. If posted schedule isn’t time stamped then file a grievance.

Take a picture of posted schedule and check it daily. It is the responsibility of management (me) to tell you what time to report.

The union is only as strong as its members. If the grievance process isn’t working then get your business agent involved. If they refuse to get involved and your rights aren’t being honored then file labor charges.

The members of this site feel for you. There’s nothing you’re seeing that someone here hasn’t experienced. You can take the advice provided or continue to bitch about it. Sucks that this has been a struggle for you but you need to stand up for yourself.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Grievances don’t work, they become burning materials. We have a weak union. 24 hours is 24 hours, the Union should be on top of this, period.
You are the union, fool! (Maybe your a scab, as @BigUnionGuy insinuated. In that case, :censored2: you scab!)
Stewards aren't there to coddle you and wipe your ass when you take a :censored2:. They are there to help YOU enforce the contract!

Do you still live in moms basement?
It's allotta work, working pt ups, and being in a video gaming clan. That's like two full time jobs!

It’s funny to watch clowns defend the union for doing nothing. 24 hours notice abuse is a nationwide issue. All stewards are aware and don’t care. If the union was strong this wouldn’t happen.
Just like the retro checks will be handed out after 9 weeks, not 6-8 weeks that was acknowledged. What did the union do nothing. The union knows we haven’t been paid, should I file a grievance? The union bowed over and said, you do what you want UPS.