Management messing with my start times

542thruNthru

It’s funny to watch clowns defend the union for doing nothing. 24 hours notice abuse is a nationwide issue. All stewards are aware and don’t care. If the union was strong this wouldn’t happen.
Just like the retro checks will be handed out after 9 weeks, not 6-8 weeks that was acknowledged. What did the union do nothing. The union knows we haven’t been paid, should I file a grievance? The union bowed over and said, you do what you want UPS.

Is it a nationwide issue?

tumblr_oly3nhoJAC1uhdqtfo1_400.gif

Boston25

It’s funny to watch clowns defend the union for doing nothing. 24 hours notice abuse is a nationwide issue. All stewards are aware and don’t care. If the union was strong this wouldn’t happen.
Just like the retro checks will be handed out after 9 weeks, not 6-8 weeks that was acknowledged. What did the union do nothing. The union knows we haven’t been paid, should I file a grievance? The union bowed over and said, you do what you want UPS.

Changing of the start times is a supplemental issue not a national issue...Nice try though. Sounds like you should grow a set and run for steward if you are that upset with the way things are run in your building. It’s easy for anyone to stand on the sidelines and critique and not do anything. It takes a real person to stand up and do something about it. What will you do to change things??

Changing of the start times is a supplemental issue not a national issue...Nice try though. Sounds like you should grow a set and run for steward if you are that upset with the way things are run in your building. It’s easy for anyone to stand on the sidelines and critique and not do anything. It takes a real person to stand up and do something about it. What will you do to change things??
He doesn't want to hear about supplement issues......

KoennenTiger

You don't even know who your steward is? Find out on Monday and get to know that guy. You can help him out by writing down which supervisors are touching our boxes and stealing our work, from start to stop, and just give him the list. One of us will be happy to take all that grievance money.

clean hairy

You don't even know who your steward is? Find out on Monday and get to know that guy. You can help him out by writing down which supervisors are touching our boxes and stealing our work, from start to stop, and just give him the list. One of us will be happy to take all that grievance money.
His last name is little. Just ask around the hub where you can find stuart little....

Boston25

That's the majority.... of "so called" ups Teamsters.

Still waiting....

It’s amazing the amount of people that want results but don’t want to do anything to see the results. And would rather have others do the work for them. I’ve been a steward for quite some time now and I shake my head when guys say they don’t want to come to a union meeting.

It’s amazing the amount of people that want results but don’t want to do anything to see the results. And would rather have others do the work for them. I’ve been a steward for quite some time now and I shake my head when guys say they don’t want to come to a union meeting.
The turnout is pathetic. You don't have to go to everyone.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I guess I will just let it so since they only cheated me out of 50 minutes and I don't even know how to file a grievance or who the union guy even is.
But thanks man you are my favorite poster here.
At least I know how things are and I won't do any work in the future before everyone is there.

You have an easy slam dunk grievance. File asap. If you let them get away with it then they will continue to do the same things.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You definitely need to get to know your steward, and talk to him about this.

For instance, in my local you would get paid for the time worked, if a supervisor gave you an order, but would not be eligible for overtime:

Part -time Employees shall be notified of their starting time. If a part -time Employee’s starting time is changed, they shall be notified the day before such change is to be made by the end of the prior shift. If a part -time Employee is called in before their regular start time, they shall not be paid the overtime rate. Part -time Employees are to receive overtime only after completing five (5) hours work on the same shift. In hubs, a day is defined as a shift.

It might not seem like much. Only an hour. That's how it starts.
In my center, it's so messed up that we're in the middle of a fight over break times being used for PCMs.

They're so desperate to steal, that they'll try to take 1 minute of our time so they don't have to pay us for the supervisor to tell us we need to work faster.

Take a stand, and grow a pair. That's YOUR money, if they told you to do any work.
Or else shut up, and learn to be a masochist.

wilberforce15

You are the union, fool! (Maybe your a scab, as @BigUnionGuy insinuated. In that case, :censored2: you scab!)
Stewards aren't there to coddle you and wipe your ass when you take a :censored2:. They are there to help YOU enforce the contract!

It's allotta work, working pt ups, and being in a video gaming clan. That's like two full time jobs!

If he doesn't even know who is steward is, that's 100% on the union. That shows a completely lazy, or at least inactive, steward and BA.

It is their job to introduce and educate new union employees on the union environment. People truly don't even know there is one, even many months into working here. And that's a union failure.

You cannot possibly expect new people to do any heavy lifting when they don't even know we are unionized or what a contract is.

UPSER1987

I think he’s saying the real people in place now aren’t doing their jobs....a lot stewards are self serving attention mongers

22.34life

The grievance procedure is so there is a written record of a contract violation,because without it it's all just he said she said.the labor manager doesn't ask the sort managers u violate anything lately.look the grievance procedure is not perfect but it does work.

22.34life

For those of you who give the advice of file a grievance, what do I pay a union for if I’m doing the work. It’s mind-boggling.

If he doesn't even know who is steward is, that's 100% on the union. That shows a completely lazy, or at least inactive, steward and BA.

It is their job to introduce and educate new union employees on the union environment. People truly don't even know there is one, even many months into working here. And that's a union failure.

You cannot possibly expect new people to do any heavy lifting when they don't even know we are unionized or what a contract is.
no steward or buisness agent speaks to ur new hires?I speak to mine every week without fail.i explain the whole deal who I am where I work in the building who the Teamsters are.but I bet u go ask those same people two weeks later and the couldn't tell u one thing I just said.

22.34life

People come up to me and say hey my times been wrong.i ask how long has this been going on and they say about a month.wtf,these people know me and know who I am why didn't they say something earlier.dont always believe this I dont know who my steward is and I dont know we had a union crap.more often the case the member does not notify the union of an issue.