Management messing with my start times

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by PTPeanuts, Jun 16, 2019.

1. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

Last week apparently they pushed back the start time and no one told me.
    I was coming in early every day and doing work and now I'm not getting paid for it.
    I just checked my timecard and they ignored the times I wrote down and used the delayed start time instead even though I was there doing work.
    Is it too late to get it changed?

2. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

You mean you didn’t check the schedule?

3. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

It's not too late but you will have to file a grievance

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You got played. Mark it down as lesson learned.

5. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

For what? Working off the clock?

It is his responsibility to know his start time by checking the posted schedule.

He can't just start whenever he wants.

6. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

You didn't.....I dunno.....look to your left, look to your right and figure out that your sort hadn't actually started yet? LOLLLLLLLLL

7. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

What posted schedule?

A few other people were standing around and they told me to start unloading the send again truck.
    So I've been coming in and doing that every day.

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Did they start working too or were they just pointing and laughing? Were those few other people supervisors?

9. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

One was a supervisor-in-training and the others were setting up the scanning station and just getting things ready such as opening all the doors.

10. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

The schedule posted in every building, per the Contract.

Who? Management or fellow employees.

Were these the same people that told you to come in everyday before your posted start time?

It is different if you are there and they start you early. But to come in early and start on your own.....

That's fine. You were there and they started you early that day.

That does not give you permission to start coming in early on your own judgement from then on.

11. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Just stick to the schedule and stop using your phone/replace your SIM card.

12. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Member

I’ve never seen a posted schedule lol. Chalk on the floor or Facebook post daily is all I’ve ever seen for start times. Where would one find said schedule?

13. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

I've never seen a posted schedule anywhere in the center.
    And I always show up early because I don't like being stressed out about running late first thing in the morning and each time I show up early they tell me to start unloading the send agains.
    I thought they wouldn't do this to me since I was working they would put my start time when I worked.
    Oh well I guess I got screwed this week.

14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

If management is telling you to start early then you should be getting paid OT for starting before your posted start time. You have a legitimate grievance.

15. PTPeanuts

PTPeanuts Member

I guess I will just let it so since they only cheated me out of 50 minutes and I don't even know how to file a grievance or who the union guy even is.
    But thanks man you are my favorite poster here.
    At least I know how things are and I won't do any work in the future before everyone is there.

16. Boston25

Boston25 Active Member

I wouldn’t let anything go. They are suppose to pay you for hours worked. Go in and ask who you’re shop steward is and file a grievance.

17. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

just file a grievance already

18. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

What’s a supervisor in training?

Either you are or you aren’t

19. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Regardless of how your impending grievance goes...

Know the start time and don’t start UNTIL start time. If your supervisor tells you to start early then tell him ok and write down what time you were instructed to start working. Then you’ll have documentation of hours worked.

20. What is a schedule at UPS? There isn’t one. The manager tells us 21 hours before of next days start time. It’s never 24 hour notice. That’s a big union failure. Hired to work 4:15am-8:15am. Have never had that shift.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019