Management Retirement

I am expecting the plan administrators will raise the retirement age to 59 or older, also maybe eliminate retiree's health and welfare benefits or modify them with higher deductibles and co-pays. They tend to follow what they can get away with the last collective bargaining agreement, us union folk really can not retire till 57 and that is a long shot. The longer the company can force you to work till 65 or longer the great the cost savings with health coverages.

If they ever decide to bump up the early-retirement to 57 or 59, I would hope they would grandfather some of us who are close to 55 now. That's my hope, but I realize there are no guarantees.

PhatAzz

Well, today was the last one. I crossed the finish line last November but stayed thru peak and March to get my last shot of stock. Got the direct deposit statement from UPS and Teamsters yesterday. Wifey looked at it and smiled. Life's Good.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, today was the last one. I crossed the finish line last November but stayed thru peak and March to get my last shot of stock. Got the direct deposit statement from UPS and Teamsters yesterday. Wifey looked at it and smiled. Life's Good.
Good for you.
Welcome to the bright side.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I retired effective 2/28, got my last check from UPS on 2/25 and my first UPS Retirement check on 3/1.

That was cool!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Heard about the "bonuses" for merit increases instead of adding to your base salary?
Another way the company is putting it to management.
Many people predicted this and if it has become reality, it is another "screw lower management" step.
I guess if upper management can't motivate lower management to act like owners, they will try to force/incentive them to act like owners.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Owners??? Are you serious?? I am only a partner when they want something (MUW, UPSPAC, endorsing the BS CDP, QPR, and the "bell curve" nonsense...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Owners??? Are you serious?? I am only a partner when they want something (MUW, UPSPAC, endorsing the BS CDP, QPR, and the "bell curve" nonsense...
It seems obvious you have not been motivated!
Just how big is that bonus you going to get this year?

And maybe @LongEnough is going to need some external enhancements to become long enough.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It seems obvious you have not been motivated!
Just how big is that bonus you going to get this year?

And maybe @LongEnough is going to need some external enhancements to become long enough.

I must be pretty low on the totem pole, bonus?

Please no more enhancements...I did not ask for anything in the EES survey or in this new "TLA" thingy, the person reviewing with me has no more power than I do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I must be pretty low on the totem pole, bonus?

Please no more enhancements...I did not ask for anything in the EES survey or in this new "TLA" thingy, the person reviewing with me has no more power than I do.
My thoughts too before I retired.
My boss was a really good guy that looked after his people.
He had to fight to get me my last $43 per month which put me at the top of the range.

One nice thing about coming into Corporate from the Region and District is I was way over the range then (1994) and stayed over the range until 2010 or so when they said you got no raise regardless of performance if you were above the range.