Managment following you

Derk

If management catches you on your phone while driving is that a write up or termination ?, a local driver was telling me he almost got fired for using his phone while driving . Has anyone else had this issue

Derk

If management catches you on your phone while driving is that a write up or termination ?, a local driver was telling me he almost got fired for using his phone while driving . Has anyone else had this issue
The reason i ask is i plan on driving soon but dont know how you can learn a route without using a map on your phone . Just thought it was crazy they would try and do that ....

Cementups

Box Monkey
The reason i ask is i plan on driving soon but dont know how you can learn a route without using a map on your phone . Just thought it was crazy they would try and do that ....

This is crazy but......you could learn a route like thousands of other drivers before you and go out and pay attention and learn the roads as you go. Buy a paper map and keep it on hand as a reference. GPS is a horrible way to learn how to deliver. Learn on your own instead of always having to have a carrot dangled in front of you leading you to the goal.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

This is the map @oldngray, @burrheadd, and @cosmo1 learned on. You could PM them and ask how to recharge it......

IMG_1177.JPG

MC0493

Only map i've ever used is my phone. I'm going strong... Honestly it's easier and faster than a paper map. By the time you get your bearing on a paper map i already did what i needed to do and am on my way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only map i've ever used is my phone. I'm going strong... Honestly it's easier and faster than a paper map. By the time you get your bearing on a paper map i already did what i needed to do and am on my way.
I've done it both ways. You don't learn a route the same on a phone as on a map.

While a phone may be faster and easier for individual stops a map is the better way to learn in the long run.