Managment following you

Ghost in the Darkness

I found it best to copy sections of the good map that way you can file that away if you need it again and its in new condition. Write down your number breaks and put them in clear page inserts in a binder. I had 80% of the routes in my center in there. Still have them in the same binder, but they havent been used in years. I don't need road info anymore, just need the occassional number break for a new stop from an add/cut, google maps works better for that.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

If management catches you on your phone while driving is that a write up or termination ?, a local driver was telling me he almost got fired for using his phone while driving . Has anyone else had this issue
Termination in my center...no excuse

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This is crazy but......you could learn a route like thousands of other drivers before you and go out and pay attention and learn the roads as you go. Buy a paper map and keep it on hand as a reference. GPS is a horrible way to learn how to deliver. Learn on your own instead of always having to have a carrot dangled in front of you leading you to the goal.
Great post ,, you nailed it !!
Omg the trophy generation is here !!!

Indecisi0n

Guys that say phones don't work are just ....old. The phones quick and very effective. In the country with a single road and multiple houses with no numbers google map will actually give you the number of each house which as a split driver is gold.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Guys that say phones don't work are just ....old. The phones quick and very effective. In the country with a single road and multiple houses with no numbers google map will actually give you the number of each house which as a split driver is gold.
I just think you retain more if you look on the map and figure out your next 10 stops. Phones are easy and useful, but too tempting you use while you drive. A paper map forces you to memorize the area a little.

Indecisi0n

I just think you retain more if you look on the map and figure out your next 10 stops. Phones are easy and useful, but too tempting you use while you drive. A paper map forces you to memorize the area a little.
The only thing that stops someone from memorizing a phone map vs a paper map is the user. Plus I have seen many drivers driving around while holding a paper map or have it mounted in the windshield. I never did use turn by turn on my phone but if I did in say a dense city environment I could start it and put the phone in the cup holder while it spoke to me which is much safer.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
this

a phone is faster but you get tunnel vision on following the directions

looking at a map will show you the side streets, the connecting roads, where one section ends and begins, etc etc

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The science behind this says you're wrong.
IMG_0903.GIF

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Google maps also is notorious for not having those numbers right ,which in turn leads to drivers who swear by it sheeting good address up as no such number. Both are good to use, but use common sense when using them. Don't use the phone or a map while driving. If you can't find an address get out and look at a mail box, or ask someone if they know this person. You get paid by the hour, stop killing yourself to meet unrealistic production numbers. No one has ever been fired because they can't meet those numbers. The union doesn't recognize them

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I used my phone initially for the first few days (hell even my ORS had to use his a few times when his nifty GPS tablet couldn't find a house) and eventually weaned off it slowly. The only times I use it now is if I'm shuttling airs out into the boonies on a route that I have no clue where I am. You'll remember your route a lot better if you slowly learn to transition off of your phone.