Managment trying a new twist on a 3 day ride (ojs)

dewey8

there is a run in every building that the numbers just dont work with the paid over program managment likes to use, well in my building the driver just finished his three day ride and was still paid over so the managment said they will have a forth day with said member and that member will be the passanger carring the clip board while the manager drives and preforms the work for the day,, simple terms they will switch the jobs for the forth day,, can they do this and if not what argument can I bring to the table to put a stop to this ,, will this be a thing that I can demand from them for every three day ride that comes in the future?
:angry:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Let them do it, wont prove anything. As long as the member is following the methods that the company trined him with thay cant do anything to him about over allowed. Even if they come in scratch or under, the contract says a fair days work for a fair days pay, and sayd that age and physicall condition should be taken into consideration.

Johney

When I see a sup's name on the report because they had to run a rte for some reason or another they are always exactly scratch. No over,no under allowed. So unless sup does the rte but leave's the drivers name in the board I can't see it working. Even then the driver would have to do a 340 methods form(I think that's what they are called)on said sup to document all sup's mistakes. NOBODY is perfect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I see a sup's name on the report because they had to run a rte for some reason or another they are always exactly scratch. No over,no under allowed. So unless sup does the rte but leave's the drivers name in the board I can't see it working. Even then the driver would have to do a 340 methods form(I think that's what they are called)on said sup to document all sup's mistakes. NOBODY is perfect.

The OR shows the sup runs scratch but the mgt team knows exactly how well (or not) they did.

Is the driver simply supposed to sit there and not do anything but observe all day?

I would LOVE this!!
D.S. "How do we get to our next stop?"
Me: "You tell us to go to a 7-11 and look at a map. Go to a 7-11 and look at a map."
D.S.: "What was that customer's last name?"
Me: "You'll have to go back in and ask them."
D.S.: "Where is this pickup supposed to made? The board does not specify which building at this address."
Me: "Call the center. I go through this everyday because you guys won't listen when I try to talk to you about it."
D.S.: "Is this a good address? I can't find it."
Me: "Give it to the look up clerk tonight. If you can't find it, it must not exist."
D.S.: "That driveway is 300 yards long! I'll drive down that one!"
Me: "You'll have to walk it. We are not allowed to drive down driveways."
D.S. "This misload is 30 miles away!"
Me: "Thank God we don't have to skip our break to run it!"
D.S.: "This on area misload is a business we went to three ours ago!"
Me: "Tell them you're sorry when you go back. It's all your fault."
D.S. "It's 5:15 and I just found a misload for a business that closes at 5!"
Me: "That's your fault. You're supposed to find all misloads before 2:30."
This could go on and on. I would love this!!!!

UPSGUY72

there is a run in every building that the numbers just dont work with the paid over program managment likes to use, well in my building the driver just finished his three day ride and was still paid over so the managment said they will have a forth day with said member and that member will be the passanger carring the clip board while the manager drives and preforms the work for the day,, simple terms they will switch the jobs for the forth day,, can they do this and if not what argument can I bring to the table to put a stop to this ,, will this be a thing that I can demand from them for every three day ride that comes in the future?
:angry:

They can as long as their is a hourly in the jump seat.. I would advise the hourly to note anything the SUP does out of the ordinary that the driver does. (ie doesn't follow the methods skipd there lunch or breaks). Also make sure the stop count is the same as it was the 3 days before and the area is the same... SUP's have a way of making Add / cuts that make there routes easier...

over9five

Staff member
They can as long as their is a hourly in the jump seat.. I would advise the hourly to note anything the SUP does out of the ordinary that the driver does. (ie doesn't follow the methods skipd there lunch or breaks). Also make sure the stop count is the same as it was the 3 days before and the area is the same... SUP's have a way of making Add / cuts that make there routes easier...
And don't forget the sup WILL come in early and set up the load stop for stop.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ojsm.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would rather enjoy this myself. A free day to ride and not touch anything. And a chance to snag them for every safety infraction that incurred throughout the day. I run close to scratch most days so I'm not too worried about this. They know the days I don't are usually because of a particular loader that they like to have load my package car. Those days I can be close to an hour over.