Managment trying a new twist on a 3 day ride (ojs)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
SUP's have a way of making Add / cuts that make there routes easier...

If the driver really wanted to play dirty, he could go in the back of the car while the sup was walking a stop off and " create" a few misloads. Not that I am advocating this, of course, but if It was obvious that the sup had come in early and set the car up stop-for-stop, I would have no problem "rearranging" a few of those stops for him while he was away from the car.

The reality is that an experienced driver in the jumpseat who had a clipboard and the willingness to be a hardass could break an on- car sup down in an hour or two. I for one would relish such an opportunity.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I dont care if the supe scratches by 3 hours,when I run the route all i care about is working safely and by the methods. There is nothing in the Labour Agreement regarding production, 3 days rides etc. Dont sweat it and enjoy the day

Johney

If the driver really wanted to play dirty, he could go in the back of the car while the sup was walking a stop off and " create" a few misloads. Not that I am advocating this, of course, but if It was obvious that the sup had come in early and set the car up stop-for-stop, I would have no problem "rearranging" a few of those stops for him while he was away from the car.
Although this would be a great idea,shouldn't the door be closed while the sup is delivering?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Although this would be a great idea,shouldn't the door be closed while the sup is delivering?

Do you not have access to a spare bulkhead door key? :)

I have had a spare BH door key on my personal keyring for over 15 years.

My route used to be next to a training route, and management got so tired of driving out to open the BH door for new hires who locked their keys in back that they actually issued me a masterkey so that they could page me to go do it instead.

This went on for several years until some Loss Prevention guy found out and got his panties in a big knot over it, so they came and took it away. I still have my spare BH door key though!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Said it before, every time one of out Sups take out a driver to train on a new route, someone is sent to help.

That makes sense to me.
Unless it is a helper, another person just gets in the way and slows things down.
Couple that and neither person being familiar with the area and it's going to be slow going.

Johney

Do you not have access to a spare bulkhead door key? :)
Actually I don't, but the whole idea of the sup doing the rte is to prove a point right? Then staying with the vehicle would prove pointless. You would need to be on the heels of said sup to watch every move they make right? Watching DR & safety methods all day.

kingOFchester

That makes sense to me.
Unless it is a helper, another person just gets in the way and slows things down.
Couple that and neither person being familiar with the area and it's going to be slow going.

Hoax, I agree. But here lies the problem. The Sup's are so over burdened with dispatch reports, observations, telematic reports, staffing, over allowed reports, ride alongs, backing reports, finding routes to move bulk, 12-1 reports and so forth that they do not have the time to learn the trips and the hassles we go through to properly train drivers.

I have had a spare BH door key on my personal keyring for over 15 years.

My route used to be next to a training route, and management got so tired of driving out to open the BH door for new hires who locked their keys in back that they actually issued me a masterkey so that they could page me to go do it instead.

This went on for several years until some Loss Prevention guy found out and got his panties in a big knot over it, so they came and took it away. I still have my spare BH door key though!
This is a good steward right here.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The OR shows the sup runs scratch but the mgt team knows exactly how well (or not) they did.

you are wrong

over/under only applies to people with a bonus, so if you're a supervisor, you're not eligible, and thus the computer doesn't bother computing it

there is no secret report available only to managers that shows "how he really did"

you guys can be really paranoid sometimes....

you are wrong

over/under only applies to people with a bonus, so if you're a supervisor, you're not eligible, and thus the computer doesn't bother computing it

there is no secret report available only to managers that shows "how he really did"

you guys can be really paranoid sometimes....
I don't think it's paronoia its just that they aren't in the know. I know this because I ask tons of questions as a steward should. Who cares how they run. I've run over three hours late with a sup. He got his ass pounded for it. His is the true reflection. Guys who go out on there three day ride piss me the hell off when they run good. How do I explain this?? Ups messed with the numbers? Then a good guy (or I call them a go to guy(stud) who just DOES the job) runs later or just the same with the sup has nothing to say.

Do it like your dm is with you this is the only way. This is your audition(your ride) practice it every day it's your job security. It's also your swagger when you show them they talk and it's well known who is strictly legit. They tell the steward

brownrod

there is a run in every building that the numbers just dont work with the paid over program managment likes to use, well in my building the driver just finished his three day ride and was still paid over so the managment said they will have a forth day with said member and that member will be the passanger carring the clip board while the manager drives and preforms the work for the day,, simple terms they will switch the jobs for the forth day,, can they do this and if not what argument can I bring to the table to put a stop to this ,, will this be a thing that I can demand from them for every three day ride that comes in the future?
:angry:

why would you want to stop this! This is perfect. Management is not capable of running scratch on a route. They will fail and this program will go away.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Though Sups run scratch any time they run the route, the paid day is going to be longer than what the driver runs it at. There is no way that a Sup can run a route better than the regular driver.....unless, of course, the driver is a slug.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Though Sups run scratch any time they run the route, the paid day is going to be longer than what the driver runs it at. There is no way that a Sup can run a route better than the regular driver.....unless, of course, the driver is a slug.

Our recently retired on-car drove for 15 years and could still smoke a run if he really wanted to.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If this is the case that we "the driver " is in jumper seat with clip board then I would check off every time manager misses a methode or violates safety of any and all means including notes if he does deliveries with pick-ups or closes out pick ups vis checking customer on phone instead of physically being @ pick-up during compliance time slot. Make any note if he is out of compliance slot.

Every single: over speed limit, 1,2,3 before starting intersect L,RL, following distance, (summary) ALL 10 point.....

ALL 8 Key lift/lower....

5 slip/falls.... Is he bending @knees, scanning area's pushing, not pulling, walking, not running,etc....

Hand rails 3 points, etc.....

I would be alot worse on him and scrutinize everything more then any manager could PHATHOM.

Is he checking mirrors every 5-8sec. etc.....

Dude, do u want to here my stories of what I've seen managers do to scratch a rt. They've nailed BASKETBALL HOOPES, Tree branches, closed out pick-ups to stay in compliance just to sweep themearly or later, backed into small driveways to unload bulk residential and had me run the hell out of stops while they close it and sheet up others, (when I was a newbie), I walk the stuff off now and don't give a crap what they say cause I'm not here for the day, I'm doing this for a 30+yr. career so if it to slow.

I got something 2 say, If u don't like my times: KISS MY METHODES !!!!!!!!! Safety keeps my job and health, not numbers !!!!!!!!

2 Bad , not enough drivers can say that. They ain't gonna like it if I ever give up and bid a full time position cause I'm not breaking an ankle, flying threw stop signs, etc.... just to make them happy. U gonna need a nother driver to help if u want 200+ stops out of me in 9 hrs. !!!!!!!