Managment trying a new twist on a 3 day ride (ojs)

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I've learned alot from my own mistakes and others while covering threw these last few yrs. and have nothing but the HIGHEST respect for The Perm. Full time drivers that do it safely , even if they have Bad #'s, the way I see it, You must be doing something right if you have not so good of #'s and start at start time not A FREAKING HR. OR more be4 start.

Those burning it up and working off the clock, early b4 start, lunch time drive back to building, clocking out @ air dock though u still need 2 drop air, hazmats smalls, etc....... I don't give a crap about you, cause you are a poison and I want the union to kick your face off. You guys are destroying what could be a good fullfilling SAFE career and are the main reasons why I won't touch perm. full time !!!! I run ground to help take a load off those swamped that managers allow but I am not simpatheltic to any reasons why u cook a rt. you new when you bid what you was getting into and you have more control of your load then you think !!!!!!!

You run gunners need to act like you are in a UNION!!!!!

You need to cause tey are taking dues from you aren't they, so freaking exercise your rights and work safe, don't give in to the #'s.

Majority rules and if the majority WAS TO STAND FIRM THEN WE WOULDN"T BE CRYING ABOUT #'s. Managers would be CRYING FOR MORE DRIVERS INSTEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake the * UP !!!!

The poison drivers working off the clock and killing rts just makes me sick and that makes me just want to walk off the job and quit !!!! more so then the #'s game!!!!! It's an insult to every other driver, union rep. AND believe it or not, you are actually the ones at fault for our dis service to our customers cause you are JUSTIFING the BAD #'s !!!! and just 2 blind 2 C IT !!!!!

Backlasher

How many drivers R truly upset with the #'s and willing 2 do something about it, like work safe and take real breaks, and point out those IDIOTS working off the CLOCK!!!!! We need to hold each other more accountable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A message board is not enough, we need to gather those in our hub that C the wrong and point out those those drivers that screw us!!! Point out that driver that in early in the morning fluffing his truck and loading !!!!!

We have no power as an individual so we need each other. Many of my area drivers are just in submission and except it. Makes me sick. The safe ones are considered cry babies that burding the others that have to run out and help after they cook a rt.

Well, if they would all follow the methodes and need help then eventually they'd have to run more rtes. and all would have a safer day!!!

Do you really think they can fire all of us if we all stick to it !!!!! If your rt. sucks then look around you and blam them and blam all the times you cook a rt. If I wanted to cook I'd B a Chef!!!!

Backlasher

I'm ranting these things cause I'm sick of people crying about #'s but I don't see anyone, @ least in my area doing a dang thing about it !!!!

Even if I did it wouldn't matter cause the BID driver and past cover guys just keep cooking the rt. and cry about the work load off the clock, DO something !!!!!!! One bottom guy is not gonna cut it. IT has to be a collective thing or the guy who cares just gets burned and targeted by managers. They can't target us all at once so MAN UP !!!!!!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I've learned alot from my own mistakes and others while covering threw these last few yrs. and have nothing but the HIGHEST respect for The Perm. Full time drivers that do it safely , even if they have Bad #'s, the way I see it, You must be doing something right if you have not so good of #'s and start at start time not A FREAKING HR. OR more be4 start.

Those burning it up and working off the clock, early b4 start, lunch time drive back to building, clocking out @ air dock though u still need 2 drop air, hazmats smalls, etc....... I don't give a crap about you, cause you are a poison and I want the union to kick your face off. You guys are destroying what could be a good fullfilling SAFE career and are the main reasons why I won't touch perm. full time !!!! I run ground to help take a load off those swamped that managers allow but I am not simpatheltic to any reasons why u cook a rt. you new when you bid what you was getting into and you have more control of your load then you think !!!!!!!

You run gunners need to act like you are in a UNION!!!!!

You need to cause tey are taking dues from you aren't they, so freaking exercise your rights and work safe, don't give in to the #'s.

Majority rules and if the majority WAS TO STAND FIRM THEN WE WOULDN"T BE CRYING ABOUT #'s. Managers would be CRYING FOR MORE DRIVERS INSTEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake the * UP !!!!

The poison drivers working off the clock and killing rts just makes me sick and that makes me just want to walk off the job and quit !!!! more so then the #'s game!!!!! It's an insult to every other driver, union rep. AND believe it or not, you are actually the ones at fault for our dis service to our customers cause you are JUSTIFING the BAD #'s !!!! and just 2 blind 2 C IT !!!!!

are you like, a spy for FedEx, trying to tear down the company from within?

what will you do when selfish, self-destructive Union efforts destroy the company? where will you go, other than the unemployment office?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

what will you do when selfish, self-destructive Union efforts destroy the company? where will you go, other than the unemployment office?
Are you saying backlasher is unemployable, without knowing him? A 'lil judgmental and aloof, are we?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Dont worry, UPS will destroy itself long before the union will.....

nicky

What I dont get is why anyone cares what their numbers look like. Numbers are a management tool, they have nothing to do with any hourly and are not enforceable. If the Supervisor wants to show you how to do it... Remind him he only has one lunch to skip, take notes of every methods violation, and focus on teh little ones that most dont know. (you are required to have your seatbelt on before you start the vehicle is a good one) Most on-roads couldnt scratch themselves, and alot of them are now being hired with 0 driving experience so I find myself teaching them how to do their job(which is leaving me alone). When PAS came in I wrote in the ERI that the PAS system was nothing but a management tool to more effectively over dispatch drivers(which is true). They are utopian numbers averaged out with other drivers in your area. So lets say your route is heavy commercial and you spend alot of your day carting packages. The guy on teh other end of your loop that has no more than 2 packages for every business will have his time averaged with yours... So no matter what you do you will be behind.

nicky

Don't like to agree with this but it's true. No Teamster would make business killing decisions like this.

What you mean a subdivision with 60 stops didnt need three drivers to go in there? (Was one of the three) We have had three drivers deliver the same address...

leastbest

LeastBest
Back in '79 I had a supervisor ride with me and around dark he said, "I'm tired of your slow pace. Let me show you how to do it!" I handed him the keys and he put a rubber band on the bulk head door latch so it wouldn't lock. He ran to each house and into a tree branch that left a mark and got a bunch of stops done in record time. He sat down, grinned like an idiot and said, "What do you think of that?"

I smiled and said, "All of those stops were for S. Jefferson St. This is N. Jefferson St. We have to go back, pick them up and redeliver them." He went ballistic. He wanted to know why I didn't tell him earlier. I explained that according to the methods you look at the address and match it to the delivery. That didn't calm him down. We lost a great deal of time and then I took my last break. I sipped my coffee while he glared at me.

I learned a lot from him.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I would never believed the numbers they show me after a 3 day ride, to easily manipulated. Do you trust your management team not to? I don’t. I've seen where management would code off your am time as “safety meeting” to make it look like you performed better on your three day ride than you really did.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would never believed the numbers they show me after a 3 day ride, to easily manipulated. Do you trust your management team not to? I don’t. I've seen where management would code off your am time as “safety meeting” to make it look like you performed better on your three day ride than you really did.

Someone else does that too?

rod

Retired 22 years
I would bet it would be hard to find anyone in management who didn't juggle numbers one way or the other to make them or their center look better. Its all a part of the "game". Anyone up in the Ivory Tower who actually believes the numbers on the reports they get daily are what is "actually" happening should be laughed at---too their face- not just behind their backs.