Mandatory Saturdays for only one Center? Preload

My current operations manager is on vacation and we have some supervisor chump watching over our center while she's gone. Last Saturday, for our center, we had 4 guys show up to work because everyone else either no showed or did or didn't call in. He said this is unacceptable and that now, just our center, (3 Pens) have mandatory saturdays. (6 day work weeks) [PT preload]

The issue is that we are being forced to come in on Saturdays, while we already have the Tuesday-Saturday employees. He stated that Mon-Fri now have to come in on Saturday, and Tue-Sat have to come in on Mondays.

Now why do we all have to suffer due to others incompetence?

We already have scheduled Saturday workers, why do I have to come in? We usually have a sup come around and ask us if we want to come in on Saturdays and if we say "no" they go onto the next employee. I signed up for Mon-Fri not Tues-Sat.

Is he capable of doing this or am I crazy?

EDIT:
He also stated that if we do not show up on Saturday, we will receive an ANC, and if we do call in sick, its a sick day -- so either way we face consequences.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Most supplements, anyone hired after 2006 may be forced to work a saturday schedule( except Hawaii I believe). Most supplements, being called in on the 6th day automatically triggers a 6th punch rule( time and a half) and guaranteed 8 hours for friend/t and 3 1/2 for P/T. Forcing a mon-fri means 1 1/2 saturday by showing up

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
we have some supervisor chump watching over ourcenter while she's gone.

Would said chump supervisors name be @FrigidFTSup
giphy.gif

BrownMonk

My current operations manager is on vacation and we have some supervisor chump watching over our center while she's gone. Last Saturday, for our center, we had 4 guys show up to work because everyone else either no showed or did or didn't call in. He said this is unacceptable and that now, just our center, (3 Pens) have mandatory saturdays. (6 day work weeks) [PT preload]

The issue is that we are being forced to come in on Saturdays, while we already have the Tuesday-Saturday employees. He stated that Mon-Fri now have to come in on Saturday, and Tue-Sat have to come in on Mondays.

Now why do we all have to suffer due to others incompetence?

We already have scheduled Saturday workers, why do I have to come in? We usually have a sup come around and ask us if we want to come in on Saturdays and if we say "no" they go onto the next employee. I signed up for Mon-Fri not Tues-Sat.

Is he capable of doing this or am I crazy?

EDIT:
He also stated that if we do not show up on Saturday, we will receive an ANC, and if we do call in sick, its a sick day -- so either way we face consequences.

And a tues-sat person can't be forced in monday without paying 1 1/2 times

km3

What if they try to send me home? Can I just stay until I get my 3 1/2 hours because the day is "mandatory"?

Demand your 3.5. Perform whatever work they inevitably tell you to do afterwards, and if they're stupid enough to send you home anyway, grieve it and get the rest of your money.

BrownMonk

But what i'm asking is that he can make us do this but we just get time and a half? What if they try to send me home? Can I just stay until I get my 3 1/2 hours because the day is "mandatory"?

If you are forced to come in to work, you tell them that you are guaranteed 3.5 hours and will be getting paid for it. Send me home if you want but I am getting paid

km3

If you are forced to come in to work, you tell them that you are guaranteed 3.5 hours and will be getting paid for it. Send me home if you want but I am getting paid

Equally as important, most places have a 6th punch rule, so if you already worked M-friend, you're getting OT too.

Yolo

Hey so our hub is switching to Tuesday thru Saturday in a few months. Does that mean the pt PM local sort employees will work Tuesday thru Saturday night as well. They are working about 5-9pm m-friend now. Just thinking having to work Friday and Saturday nights will be awful. Management is yet to tell us any details.

Inthegame

Hey so our hub is switching to Tuesday thru Saturday in a few months. Does that mean the pt PM local sort employees will work Tuesday thru Saturday night as well. They are working about 5-9pm m-friend now. Just thinking having to work Friday and Saturday nights will be awful. Management is yet to tell us any details.
Not likely as there will be few pkgs picked up on Saturday.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Even when you are forcing in double the people. He said the m-friend crew has to join the t-s crew. So that would mean double the workers.
lol that's what happens when you let ops just do whatever they want; i never get why they want a horde of people showing up to every god:censored2: thing

more people, more problems

clean hairy

In the Southern, Saturday, being a 6th report is not mandatory.
Whatever staffing is required for Sat work is voluntary from top down, and force from the bottom.