Mandatory Team Building

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Sounds like BS to me I work as directed, if the center manager or full time sup wants me to go help them I will. BUT that means you message me on my board, I have been told to deliver not manage. As for team building, tell your supervisor to meet you by your truck to do some team exercises of getting the truck wrapped at a decent time.

Last edited:

Daf

So last Friday a qualified driver completely bombed their route and now we have to have some bs team building meeting thing tomorrow. Me and 3 other drivers are getting “taught how to be team players” because we didn’t help. The best part is no one ever asked any of us to take packages from slow guy jones, they expected us to ask slow guy jones if they needed help. You’re high outta your mind if you think I’m gonna volunteer for extra crap. Especially on a Friday. So how’s your night going guys.
Sounds to me like there is only 3 people getting harassed here. How many other drivers didn’t give him help? It is not your job to keep track of how many stops the other drivers have left. It is managements job to deligate the work. Make sure your union steward is present, and consider a harassment grievance depending on content of the meeting.

Dhydratd

How about slow guy does his work? And not count on others.
It didn't take me long to figure out that at UPS, the more work you do, the more work they expect you to do. How often do you think "slow guy" is forced to go help someone else? Maybe "slow guy" is just pacing himself. Maybe "slow guy" has the game figured out and you don't.

tacken

It didn't take me long to figure out that at UPS, the more work you do, the more work they expect you to do. How often do you think "slow guy" is forced to go help someone else? Maybe "slow guy" is just pacing himself. Maybe "slow guy" has the game figured out and you don't.
I have figured it out a long time ago. So slow guy has figured it out also . Go real slow and he gets his Ass bailed out . How about slow guy carry your own out there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So last Friday a qualified driver completely bombed their route and now we have to have some bs team building meeting thing tomorrow. Me and 3 other drivers are getting “taught how to be team players” because we didn’t help. The best part is no one ever asked any of us to take packages from slow guy jones, they expected us to ask slow guy jones if they needed help. You’re high outta your mind if you think I’m gonna volunteer for extra crap. Especially on a Friday. So how’s your night going guys.
Did they change your start times with enough notice for said meeting tomorrow?

That's why I put in for an 8 hour day on Fridays . problem solved.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What’re you an on road sup? Give it a rest homeboy...since your such a beast and don’t wanna help when you’re done why don’t you just volunteer to take the stops before the day even starts and give him a lighter dispatch
Dudes name is 70 on dirt roads.

I give it 6 months before we hear. I wrapped my package car around a tree. Will I get my job back.