Manufacturing Hits a Ten Year Low

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just saying. Hard righties on here like to act like Obama raw dogged the economy backwards and then Trump swooped in to save the day.
No ... I sure don't but I'm a soft righty.
He did everything that needed to be done, albeit at a higher cost than needed, but he put in so many regulations that businesses and individuals were not willing to invest in the country even at 0% interest rates.
Obama simply did not understand how businesses work ... Trump does!

Last edited:

Meat

No ... I sure don't but I'm a soft righty.
He did everything that needed to be done, albeit at a higher cost than needed, but he put in so many regulations that businesses and individuals were not willing to invest in the country even at 0% interest rates.

Um, there were record breaking corporate profits during Obama’s presidency. I’m not sure why working-class slobs would think the economy was better under Trump; they acquired about the same amount of stock under both presidencies - zero.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Um, there were record breaking corporate profits during Obama’s presidency. I’m not sure why working-class slobs would think the economy was better under Trump; they acquired about the same amount of stock under both presidencies - zero.
I think BoxOx was talking about growing the GDP, raising wages and creating jobs.
Get your s:censored2:t together and stay on target!
Focus!

BrownArmy

Here's job growth over the last bunch of years:

(show me on the doll where Trump got elected)

upload_2019-10-5_22-33-12.png

BrownArmy

"The manufacturing slump is more surprising. After all, America runs a large trade deficit in manufactured goods, so you might expect that tariffs, by forcing buyers to turn to domestic suppliers, would be good for the sector. That’s surely what Trump and his advisers thought would happen.

But that’s not how it has worked out. Instead, the trade war has clearly hurt U.S. manufacturing. Indeed, it has done considerably more damage than even Trump critics like yours truly expected.

The Trumpist trade warriors, it turns out, missed two key points. First, many U.S. manufacturers depend heavily on imported parts and other inputs; the trade war is disrupting their supply chains. Second, Trump’s trade policy isn’t just protectionist, it’s erratic, creating vast uncertainty for businesses both here and abroad. And businesses are responding to that uncertainty by putting plans for investment and job creation on hold."

Opinion | Here Comes the Trump Slump

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I’ll say this for Obama: he understood that, for most, the current economy is the sum total of decades of neoliberal policies that were enacted under both parties - sorry folks, American will never be “great” again (for most), and the prospect of “change” is unlikely. It’s straight up foolish to pretend otherwise. Your current life is your life, and hopefully your satisfied with it, because it’s NEVER going to change, regardless of which half of the two-party system is in office.
ok @rickyb

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
One way or another China has to be dealt with. Profiteering from the near-slave conditions suffered by the working class in China is wrong. American Companies have been all too happy to belly up to that particular trough. As a result, they have been losing several billions of dollars of IP every year through corporate espionage to China.

The Chinese Communist Party is leveraging their exploitation of the workers in China (oooh the irony!), and theft of technology, to establish a global empire. You know, actually doing through economic means what all the leftist commies accuse the US of doing through military intervention.

What I'm wondering is this: are the Globalists who control the political machines in the US and Europe in cahoots with the CCP? Or are they competing for world domination?

BrownArmy

One way or another China has to be dealt with. Profiteering from the near-slave conditions suffered by the working class in China is wrong. American Companies have been all too happy to belly up to that particular trough. As a result, they have been losing several billions of dollars of IP every year through corporate espionage to China.

The Chinese Communist Party is leveraging their exploitation of the workers in China (oooh the irony!), and theft of technology, to establish a global empire. You know, actually doing through economic means what all the leftist commies accuse the US of doing through military intervention.

What I'm wondering is this: are the Globalists who control the political machines in the US and Europe in cahoots with the CCP? Or are they competing for world domination?

The irony is that as China’s ‘middle class’ expands, Chinese companies are being forced to pay higher wages, and ...wait for it...

Moving their operations to lower-wage countries!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The irony is that as China’s ‘middle class’ expands, Chinese companies are being forced to pay higher wages, and ...wait for it...

Moving their operations to lower-wage countries!

Trump lies when he says US companies and money are coming back to the USA "BIGLY". US manufacturers, who fled the US years ago to exploit cheap Chinese labor and non-existent environmental regulations, are moving to Vietnam, Malaysia, and other countries that still have low-wage/no regulation policies.

The big losers are the companies who can't offshore their operations very easily, like Boeing, Caterpillar, and other big ticket items. Nike can have their shoes made in a variety of countries because shoes don't require an educated workforce or huge investments in plants and tooling.

Part of the deal when so many US companies moved to China was that we would share technology, because the Chinese were smart enough to know that we were taking advantage of the previously mentioned factors of low wages and no regulations to speak of. That's fine with shoes and Tupperware, but maybe not so smart with aircraft, phones, and other tech that can be reverse-engineered and/or converted to defense usage.

it's time to stop sharing technology, but Trump isn't bringing back manufacturing jobs. They're just going to other low-cost countries as Brown Army astutely pointed out.

More Trump BS.

Non sequitur

Tax policy can influence behavior. The dollar is the real globalist and other nations have paste and copied that dynamism.

I felt Trump's speech at the UN referencing the value of people's and cultures was 100% perfect.

When government stops working for the people what's the point. The UN is the for real 1% and seeks it's own ends. Read, gated communities.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Is there a rhetoric-free version of this available?

rickyb

Tax policy can influence behavior. The dollar is the real globalist and other nations have paste and copied that dynamism.

I felt Trump's speech at the UN referencing the value of people's and cultures was 100% perfect.

When government stops working for the people what's the point. The UN is the for real 1% and seeks it's own ends. Read, gated communities.
the US is the for real 1% and seeks its own ends.