Manufacturing Hits a Ten Year Low

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i am just neo
:rolleyes: Living in the Matrix ... we know! :1eye:

MATRIX - rickb exists in The Matrix.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
One way or another China has to be dealt with. Profiteering from the near-slave conditions suffered by the working class in China is wrong. American Companies have been all too happy to belly up to that particular trough. As a result, they have been losing several billions of dollars of IP every year through corporate espionage to China.

The Chinese Communist Party is leveraging their exploitation of the workers in China (oooh the irony!), and theft of technology, to establish a global empire. You know, actually doing through economic means what all the leftist commies accuse the US of doing through military intervention.

What I'm wondering is this: are the Globalists who control the political machines in the US and Europe in cahoots with the CCP? Or are they competing for world domination?
Why am I supposed to care about Chinese worker conditions?

BrownArmy

Yes Trump is trying to take down the biden family corruption. Why you so salty?

Why do you think Trump gives a st about corruption?

When asked which other figures were under investigation aside from the Bidens, Trump said, ‘I’ll have to get back to you’.

Lulz, the fact you give this guy the time of day is hilarious.

But, carry on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why do you think Trump gives a st about corruption?
Why do you think I should care about Trump's intentions for confronting the Biden family corruption?

Lulz , the fact you are so insistent on defending quid pro quo Joe Biden and his criminal son is hilarious.

But, carry on.

BrownArmy

Why do you think I should care about Trump's intentions for confronting the Biden family corruption?

Lulz , the fact you are so insistent on defending quid pro quo Joe Biden and his criminal son is hilarious.

But, carry on.

Oh, you’ve misunderstood.

I don’t give a crap about Biden.

It’s not clear to me why he’s even running, he should enjoy his senescence in obscurity.

What I’m interested in is Trump, who’s clearly sinking deeper into his own malignant dementia.

It’s hilarious.

Live, on TV.

The Lulz are self-generating at this point, it’s glorious.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why am I supposed to care about Chinese worker conditions?

Because the CCP is using our lust for cheap crap to spread their influence (gain control?) around the world. It doesn't matter to me if you care about the working conditions in China, but it does help to know what our rampant consumerism is funding.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because the CCP is using our lust for cheap crap to spread their influence (gain control?) around the world. It doesn't matter to me if you care about the working conditions in China, but it does help to know what our rampant consumerism is funding.
Ok.

The main industry in this country is banking. Hindering emerging markets will not help this country. Influence is a two way street.

If you're interested in stopping communism start with the Democratic party here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is there a rhetoric-free version of this available?

rhet·o·ric
/ˈredərik/
noun
  1. the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.

Are you saying I should communicate in a less persuasive or effective manner? Is there something specific you'd like me to go into more detail on? Let me know, I'd be happy to oblige.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok.

The main industry in this country is banking. Hindering emerging markets will not help this country. Influence is a two way street.

If you're interested in stopping communism start with the Democratic party here.

I agree with the Communist/Democrat connection. From what I've been learning about China, though, their system is likely to implode, but I'd hate to see them get their hooks into enough other countries' resources for them to prolong their demise. We should be directly approaching other emerging markets that aren't bent on global domination and make mutually beneficial trade agreements. We should not let China beat us to the punch and strong arm those markets into deals that benefit only the Supreme Leader.

As for banking being our main industry, I don't know enough to really comment, except that I will ask: do we want banking to be our main industry?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
capitalism doesnt give a :censored2: about morality.

Capitalism is a word that describes an economic system. Saying capitalism doesn't care about morality is on par with saying my ceiling fan doesn't care about algebra. I will say, far from being perfect, capitalism is set up to work more closely in accordance with actual human behavior than any other system humanity has attempted to establish.

newfie

Trump lies when he says US companies and money are coming back to the USA "BIGLY". US manufacturers, who fled the US years ago to exploit cheap Chinese labor and non-existent environmental regulations, are moving to Vietnam, Malaysia, and other countries that still have low-wage/no regulation policies.

The big losers are the companies who can't offshore their operations very easily, like Boeing, Caterpillar, and other big ticket items. Nike can have their shoes made in a variety of countries because shoes don't require an educated workforce or huge investments in plants and tooling.

Part of the deal when so many US companies moved to China was that we would share technology, because the Chinese were smart enough to know that we were taking advantage of the previously mentioned factors of low wages and no regulations to speak of. That's fine with shoes and Tupperware, but maybe not so smart with aircraft, phones, and other tech that can be reverse-engineered and/or converted to defense usage.

it's time to stop sharing technology, but Trump isn't bringing back manufacturing jobs. They're just going to other low-cost countries as Brown Army astutely pointed out.

More Trump BS.

Tds