Maps for feeder drivers.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Yeah right!!! You’re so full of sheetz. You told us you bought your own handtruck when you were in package car, now you’re all seasoned and tough? We know your not based on you’re incessant complaints about being bullied. Full of it!!!
What is wrong with being full of Sheetz? If I can get my truck into a Sheetz, damn Skippy I'm going to grab some food.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You should grow up and grow a pair while you're at it. Hard to believe you've been here forty years and act like you're still on Mommy's teet.
8435CB58-3EAC-4FF6-9BD5-2AE360DE60C2.gif

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Anyone I've ever encountered that does the whole "I'm not using my phone, they aren't paying my bill" shtick(and it almost always is) wasn't driving truck before cell phones. Has no idea what it was like waiting in some tiny, hot, smelly "driver lounge" with 2 pay phones and a broken vending machine waiting to use the phone or for dispatch to get right back to you. Or waiting at the lunch counter of a truck stop for hours for a call back.

Maybe late 90s into the 2000s you made a stand with your cell phone, when you were paying an obscene amount for like 150 minutes a month. Now, you have a phone with unlimited everything. Me and wife are on a multi-phone single plan, have been since their inception. I've always added an extra phone, one for personal use, one for work. Not very difficult to do if you don't want work contacting you away from work.

It's a tool of the job. Many beneficial uses as guys pointed out above. And it's a tool you value if you remember how things were before their convenience in the industry outside of local type trucking.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Anyone I've ever encountered that does the whole "I'm not using my phone, they aren't paying my bill" shtick(and it almost always is) wasn't driving truck before cell phones. Has no idea what it was like waiting in some tiny, hot, smelly "driver lounge" with 2 pay phones and a broken vending machine waiting to use the phone or for dispatch to get right back to you. Or waiting at the lunch counter of a truck stop for hours for a call back.

Maybe late 90s into the 2000s you made a stand with your cell phone, when you were paying an obscene amount for like 150 minutes a month. Now, you have a phone with unlimited everything. Me and wife are on a multi-phone single plan, have been since their inception. I've always added an extra phone, one for personal use, one for work. Not very difficult to do if you don't want work contacting you away from work.

It's a tool of the job. Many beneficial uses as guys pointed out above. And it's a tool you value if you remember how things were before their convenience in the industry outside of local type trucking.
You must be between feed bags, that was remarkably cogent and lucid.

quad decade guy

Point is....well first- civilian trucking in the past isn't relevant.....

UPS could make the IVIS cell capable....they don't....why? Because they count on you to pay their expenses. You can slice it anyway you want. Justify it too.....that's what they do. This is no different than working before start time to massage loads etc. Clean windshields on and on.

It is a tool of the job. Agreed. Are you a mechanic? They buy their own tools and get an allowance. SOME TOOLS ARE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.....why isn't communication? I'd be fine with a stipend. Sleepers get one.

Way back in pkg, the company also leaned on customers for communication. Would leave a trail of messages at pick ups. "Your company called looking for you..." I always thought this was rude.

I have problems with my loads about 50% of the time. I drive to dispatch. Shrug. Give me voice comm.

quad decade guy

Just trying to be prepared. Thanks for the help? Lol
Well, not going to find much useful information here. Once the bullying starts....it pretty much is over(anything useful).

The answer lies with your center team......if you don't want to pay for it yourself. UPS doesn't provide nav or the capability through the IVIS. You know this. Nor do they have sat views or anything that technical. They do, but don't share that information unless requested. Maybe. I guess you could request it before leaving.....

Manifesto

Point is....well first- civilian trucking in the past isn't relevant.....

UPS could make the IVIS cell capable....they don't....why? Because they count on you to pay their expenses. You can slice it anyway you want. Justify it too.....that's what they do. This is no different than working before start time to massage loads etc. Clean windshields on and on.

It is a tool of the job. Agreed. Are you a mechanic? They buy their own tools and get an allowance. SOME TOOLS ARE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.....why isn't communication? I'd be fine with a stipend. Sleepers get one.

Way back in pkg, the company also leaned on customers for communication. Would leave a trail of messages at pick ups. "Your company called looking for you..." I always thought this was rude.

I have problems with my loads about 50% of the time. I drive to dispatch. Shrug. Give me voice comm.
Weren't you the guy that bought his own hand cart?

Yea surprisingly I was given maps to all our customer pick ups. They were made by a driver. I have maps of 2 centers. Some center are small and maps aren't needed. I just know that the maps of bigger centers do exist.

Cowboy Mac

Well, not going to find much useful information here. Once the bullying starts....it pretty much is over(anything useful).

The answer lies with your center team......if you don't want to pay for it yourself. UPS doesn't provide nav or the capability through the IVIS. You know this. Nor do they have sat views or anything that technical. They do, but don't share that information unless requested. Maybe. I guess you could request it before leaving.....
Google maps is free…

Johney

It’s interesting to see what some people will/won’t do. I know I have my things too that others would probably look at as irrational.
Well in his world you're helping the evil empire. Like sorting your package car off the clock, washing your windshield,etc. Which are like apples and oranges. Guy is a tool.

quad decade guy

Well in his world you're helping the evil empire. Like sorting your package car off the clock, washing your windshield,etc. Which are like apples and oranges. Guy is a tool.
Is that Johney.....Company Man. OMG.......Wow. Evil Empire......tell us more about how pro company you are Champ. How you help them out at every turn......(while wiping those knees off...).....tell us more about "your" world. lolololol

Johney

Is that Johney.....Company Man. OMG.......Wow. Evil Empire......tell us more about how pro company you are Champ. How you help them out at every turn......(while wiping those knees off...).....tell us more about "your" world. lolololol
Look who is bullying now. I guess if using my phone to help me do my job professionally and safely makes me a company man in your eyes....I don't really give a :censored2: what you think. I know you're a jackbag along with many others here and likely where you work. Probably most people that surround you in life too.