May lose my house waiting to drive.

MyPantsAreBrown

I was pulled out of preload 3 weeks ago to start my 3 day training. Here is how that has went.
Day 1- went with on the road sup. (1 air package)
2 hours pay. 60 bucks
Day 2 - 9 sent home. (told I couldn't work preload)
day 10 went on a route. 9 hrs.
Day 11 - 15 sent home.

Dont want to quit this job being my infant has CF. But I am obligated to put a roof over his head. at this rate we Will lose our house.

Would it be better to stay in preload to keep the insurance and just get a day job somewhere else?

iruhnman630

Have you been through the class? Passed road test?

If you are a new full-time driver, prepare for a lean year with plenty of layoff time to start. Everybody goes through it

MyPantsAreBrown

Hired as TCD. went through integrad. been in preload 2 months.

I'm fine if they let me do preload and wait. I can at least go do uber when I get done. but pulling me off to go wait and then go home makes no sense.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I lucked out. I’ve driven 90% of the time since I started, but the guy right below me would go weeks without seeing the inside of a car. This job starting out isn’t for someone with a family or mortgage. Stay part time for the insurance but I’d say find full time work elsewhere if you can’t hold out for two years.

MyPantsAreBrown

I lucked out. I’ve driven 90% of the time since I started, but the guy right below me would go weeks without seeing the inside of a car. This job starting out isn’t for someone with a family or mortgage. Stay part time for the insurance but I’d say find full time work elsewhere if you can’t hold out for two years.

Probably what's going to have to happen. Thanks to all.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We don't have tcd here, but I was under the impression tcd worked their sort when not driving
It’s optional for us as long as we get our one day a week in. When my on road found out the inside sups were forcing us in on our days off he flipped out saying we were too important to get injured in sort. Never went in again.