May lose my house waiting to drive.

Running Lyft and Uber can keep you extremely flexible. It's not Rockstar money but it's driving experience as well. You'll learn a ton of areas. Just flag yourself online and go to work. Put 10% + some away for taxes and save every receipt.

But make sure you get that 1 punch.

I'd bump preload, tbh. That's silly they're not working you.

barnyard

KTM rider
Then you do not yet have seniority so you cannot bump onto a PT job. You are not even a member of the union yet. You probably will not see steady work until mid-late November and will be laid off again in February or March.

As a TCD you have no guarantees of work.

MyPantsAreBrown

Running Lyft and Uber can keep you extremely flexible. It's not Rockstar money but it's driving experience as well. You'll learn a ton of areas. Just flag yourself online and go to work. Put 10% + some away for taxes and save every receipt.

But make sure you get that 1 punch.

I'd bump preload, tbh. That's silly they're not working you.

I have 2 punches. I make about 600 a week doing uber.

MyPantsAreBrown

Then you do not yet have seniority so you cannot bump onto a PT job. You are not even a member of the union yet. You probably will not see steady work until mid-late November and will be laid off again in February or March.

As a TCD you have no guarantees of work.

Exactly what I was told.

barnyard

KTM rider
Exactly what I was told.

If you need the money and have another job lined up, go in and say, "I cannot afford this. I either have to work PT on the days I do not drive, or I have to work somewhere else and you will have to train another driver for peak."

You have to be prepared to back that up and turn in your browns if they shrug their shoulders. You either do that or suffer with the sucky deal you currently have. Others have posted that they were TCD for years. That is a truly sucky deal.

MyPantsAreBrown

If you need the money and have another job lined up, go in and say, "I cannot afford this. I either have to work PT on the days I do not drive, or I have to work somewhere else and you will have to train another driver for peak."

You have to be prepared to back that up and turn in your browns if they shrug their shoulders. You either do that or suffer with the sucky deal you currently have. Others have posted that they were TCD for years. That is a truly sucky deal.

Agreed. I'm going to let them know tomorrow.