May lose my house waiting to drive.

john chesney

I was pulled out of preload 3 weeks ago to start my 3 day training. Here is how that has went.
Day 1- went with on the road sup. (1 air package)
2 hours pay. 60 bucks
Day 2 - 9 sent home. (told I couldn't work preload)
day 10 went on a route. 9 hrs.
Day 11 - 15 sent home.

Dont want to quit this job being my infant has CF. But I am obligated to put a roof over his head. at this rate we Will lose our house.

Would it be better to stay in preload to keep the insurance and just get a day job somewhere else?
Try getting fired 3 times and having your workers Comp denied and waiting months for a hearing. Welcome to ups

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Yeah.....maybe this was a reason more people should of been involved in the contract debate. The 22.4’s was the foot in the door that UPS was looking for to gain more flexibility plus a major cost savings move. No big deal.....just the future of the Full-Time driving position on the line and all.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Once you file, they will all of the sudden have work for you to do

Unemployment is in arrears, he would be getting paid from previous employers until he gets some months/quarters in at UPS.

My old UAW job had me either working 16 hour days or laid off, so I have plenty of past experience with it. The best part was when our sub-fund was paying 90%, had 9 months or so grossing about $1000 a week playing golf. Then it ran out and I was poor because no one would hire someone making $28 an hour on layoff. This was 15-20 years ago so that was some pretty good money back then.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
For all the fools out there unemployment is not welfare, employers pay into it the fund. The more layoffs they have the higher their rates go.

WTFm8

Don’t waste your time/fuel driving in to find out you’re not needed.

Don’t do preload as a cover driver, tell them you want evening work doing local sort. DOT 14 hours start when you start, so if you start preload at 3am and driving starts at 9am, you have to be off the clock at 5pm. IDK about your building but there aren’t many that get routes done that early, plus they’re pushing this mandatory 9.5hr crap pretty hard.

Call in every day 1-1.5hrs before your driving start time to see if you’re needed, you’re a cover so you’re not guaranteed hours.

I call every morning for the last 10 months at 7:10 with a 8:45 start. Some days I’m told no but I’m up next and to keep my phone on me till 9 incase there’s a last minute call-off. Sometimes they have me come in a few hours early to do some pickups or an airport run then stay and work ‘local sort’ unloading trucks.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I call every morning for the last 10 months at 7:10 with a 8:45 start. Some days I’m told no but I’m up next and to keep my phone on me till 9 incase there’s a last minute call-off. Sometimes they have me come in a few hours early to do some pickups or an airport run then stay and work ‘local sort’ unloading trucks.

You've been an on-call driver for the last 10 months?

Bob11B

I was pulled out of preload 3 weeks ago to start my 3 day training. Here is how that has went.
2 hours pay. 60 bucks
Day 11 - 15 sent home.

Dont want to quit this job being my infant has CF. But I am obligated to put a roof over his head. at this rate we Will lose our house.

Would it be better to stay in preload to keep the insurance and just get a day job somewhere else?
This happened to me some...sign up for Uber....if you get sent home then go make some extra side cash. It was a great job when preloading and RTD, with being able to Uber when you want

crow27

Go in Saturdays and run air...it's easy money and you can learn new areas so that you can fill in randomly if you're willing to run blind

rickyb

2 hours pay. 60 bucks
Day 11 - 15 sent home.

you can always rent your house out and live in a camper van for free.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Where can he get a free camper van?

Maybe he can park the van down by the river and become a motivational speaker..
JNs.gif