McGregor or Mayweather?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I LOLed so hard at this!!

I agree with whoever said McGregor may get frustrated and throw an elbow or something, but I don't think he stands a chance against Moneybags. This is a BOXING match in Vegas
If he uses an illegal MMA move, he forfeits his purse. I don't think he would.

MAKAVELI

He's 40 coming off a 2 year retirement. I remember when they used to say that about a guy named Iron Mike Tyson. He lost to a #7 guy named Buster Douglas who had the flu. I think Conor can close distance better than any boxer out there.
Tyson's defense was his offense. When that broke down he was vulnerable. Even at 40 Mayweather is a better pure boxer than McGregor ever will be.

LeadBelly

Banned
Mayweather 12 rounds unanimous decision.

Only way I see McGregor winning is by KO. If that happens it will be in the first 4 rounds.

I would also like to add that I don't trust this fight. I've seen to many judges give fights to the hometown boy. Look at Pac's last fight for the most recent one. Floyd is boxings hometown boy. No judge wants a MMA fighter to win this in my eyes. McGregor will need a knockout to win.

@wide load and @LeadBelly I know you both want McGregor but what's your prediction?

Also don't get me wrong I hope McGregor KOs his ass in the first round! Especially since I will be watching for free. ;)
Honestly I think you hit the nail right on the head. What you said is spot on. McGregor will have to win by KO. I will add that is Conor goes twelve and he doesn't win the fight, he won in my eyes. To make it 12 rounds with Floyd, even at 40 is unfathomable to me.

Also with Conor it's all about the hype machine. If you paid 90 for this fight, and you break it down to the day it was announced it would take place you got your money already, provided you are a fan. It's like a buck 35 a day. Is it a spectacle, yea, but it could be the thing that brings boxing back into a lot of people's homes. I don't know exactly how old you are, but I grew up on boxing. When no I g was at its best , it was a great time. I love MMA, but it would be better for the over all sports fan if both were still very relevant. With baseball dominated by big money clubs, NBA with super teams, and you never know when your favorite player will jump ship, as well as the NFL and its issues. It's nice to have individual dominated sports, where you don't have to stress over wether they will leave or not.

I love Lebron, and I'm very thankful he ended CLEVELANDs loser mentality, but I'm starting to get turned off by how he's holding the city hostage once again. I won't say anything bad this time when, if he goes, but it's disappointing nevertheless.

wide load

Tyson's defense was his offense. When that broke down he was vulnerable. Even at 40 Mayweather is a better pure boxer than McGregor ever will be.
I'll agree with part of that but what most people don't know and what they refuse to discuss is that Mac started his career as a boxer and went to MMA later. He is absolutely a better boxer than most people think he is.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's a joke and circus. they'll put on a good show. one guy will win. then they will have a 150m rematch. then the other guy will win and they'll have a 3rd match.

when will people learn?

MAKAVELI

I'll agree with part of that but what most people don't know and what they refuse to discuss is that Mac started his career as a boxer and went to MMA later. He is absolutely a better boxer than most people think he is.
Bro, he was knocked out by his sparring partner. If he was any good at boxing he would have stayed a boxer. Lmao!

wide load

Bro, he was knocked out by his sparring partner. If he was any good at boxing he would have stayed a boxer. Lmao!
Did you know who reported the knock out? Conor. Don't believe everything you read. There is a tactical reason certain information gets released at specific times.

Reason he made the move, it was tougher to get into boxing as an amateur and at the time MMA was growing by huge numbers. He took the shot. Still became a multi millionaire. He has the skills to box. Chavez went 87-0 before his first draw. Age is every fighters worst enemy. The question is, Is 40 the age to meet the enemy? Do you think it will be easy for Floyd?

MAKAVELI

Did you know who reported the knock out? Conor. Don't believe everything you read. There is a tactical reason certain information gets released at specific times.

Reason he made the move, it was tougher to get into boxing as an amateur and at the time MMA was growing by huge numbers. He took the shot. Still became a multi millionaire. He has the skills to box. Chavez went 87-0 before his first draw. Age is every fighters worst enemy. The question is, Is 40 the age to meet the enemy? Do you think it will be easy for Floyd?
If this was an mma fight Conor would take him no problem. There is a reason Mayweather is undefeated. He has the uncanny ability to avoid getting hit and counter punch. Trust me Conor has never seen a boxer like Mayweather.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

yes, floyd should win

wide load

If this was an mma fight Conor would take him no problem. There is a reason Mayweather is undefeated. He has the uncanny ability to avoid getting hit and counter punch. Trust me Conor has never seen a boxer like Mayweather.
Agreed. I'm sure the opposite will be true also.