Medical personnel

El Correcto

god is dead
Wife and I have been having a bit of an argument over the current situation.

I see things like nurses saying they need hazard pay or should be paid more because of what is going on. Now I’m fine with they’re in demand if they can get more go get it.

however I feel like they’re in the medical this is part of what they signed up for. Outbreaks and such are always a risk in the profession.

Wife says they didn’t sign up to be put in these situations with insufficient protective equipment.

I say you kind of did when you took the oath to help people. Don’t think it says in there only when I’m reasonably protected.
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I say you kind of did when you took the oath to help people. Don’t think it says in there only when I’m reasonably protected.

If you already work in a hospital.... well ya that's part of the job you took.

WOW, just checking WOW.

My wife DOES work in a hospital. 2 sisters-in-law are nurses, one in a surgery center and one in a hospital. I will try to explain this so you have a reference.

When my wife is given her mask on Monday and told it's her responsibility to make it last all week, she won't get another that has a filter in it. And then they lock down all the PPE on the entire floor. This is a a problem not unlike:

You and I get to work and the truck we are given to drive has had all the lug nuts removed except one per tire. 1/2 the leaf springs broken. And only the brakes on the right side work.

You say there is a problem and the response given, "you signed up to be a driver, don't complain just go do your job!"

Does this make the issue a bit clearer?

Indecisi0n

WOW, just checking WOW.

My wife DOES work in a hospital. 2 sisters-in-law are nurses, one in a surgery center and one in a hospital. I will try to explain this so you have a reference.

When my wife is given her mask on Monday and told it's her responsibility to make it last all week, she won't get another that has a filter in it. And then they lock down all the PPE on the entire floor. This is a a problem not unlike:

You and I get to work and the truck we are given to drive has had all the lug nuts removed except one per tire. 1/2 the leaf springs broken. And only the brakes on the right side work.

You say there is a problem and the response given, "you signed up to be a driver, don't complain just go do your job!"

Giving someone hazard pay doesn't fix these problems.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
WOW, just checking WOW.

No. There’s a PPE shortage. It’s not like the hospital is willfully not spending money on it just to save money.

Now some hospitals have told people they can’t bring their own PPE to wear and I see that as a huge liability.

I’d say a better analogy would be our back up cameras not working.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Giving someone hazard pay doesn't fix these problems.

Keeps them coming to work. Do not think for a second many in hospitals aren't planning on calling in when this hits their hospitals.

No. There’s a PPE shortage. It’s not like the hospital is willfully not spending money on it just to save money. Now some hospitals have told people they can’t bring their own PPE to wear and I see that as a huge liability. I'd say a better analogy would be our back up cameras not working.

Wife's hospital group made that determination on Tuesday about masks seen on the floor. Some were bringing in their homemade masks (OT and Speech and one of the PTA's) They reversed that order Friday. One of the respiratory therapists flat out told them that unless they sew a filter into their homemade mask it does no good in prevention.

No one believes your little stories kid.

I'm gonna take a wild stab here and guess your single, one maybe two "friends", your definition of a friend being a guy who didn't walk away when you start talking. How miserable must your life be? Not many in this world like to be around total A-holes. You are just simply a waste of oxygen in this world!