Medical personnel

vantexan

Keeps them coming to work. Do not think for a second many in hospitals aren't planning on calling in when this hits their hospitals.

Wife's hospital group made that determination on Tuesday about masks seen on the floor. Some were bringing in their homemade masks (OT and Speech and one of the PTA's) They reversed that order Friday. One of the respiratory therapists flat out told them that unless they sew a filter into their homemade mask it does no good in prevention.

I'm gonna take a wild stab here and guess your single, one maybe two "friends", your definition of a friend being a guy who didn't walk away when you start talking. How miserable must your life be? Not many in this world like to be around total A-holes. You are just simply a waste of oxygen in this world!
You mean as you rant and rave against conservatives you have a circle of friends who eat it up and don't walk away? Birds of a feather....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wife and I have been having a bit of an argument over the current situation.

I see things like nurses saying they need hazard pay or should be paid more because of what is going on. Now I’m fine with they’re in demand if they can get more go get it.

however I feel like they’re in the medical this is part of what they signed up for. Outbreaks and such are always a risk in the profession.

Wife says they didn’t sign up to be put in these situations with insufficient protective equipment.

I say you kind of did when you took the oath to help people. Don’t think it says in there only when I’m reasonably protected.
You need sammich makin' for years to come. Just say yes dear.

Nolimitz

My wife is an L&D nurse for the past 35 yrs. She has no training or exp. in ER or ICU yet may be forced to work those area. Yah I think she should get hazard pay when that happens

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My wife is an L&D nurse for the past 35 yrs. She has no training or exp. in ER or ICU yet may be forced to work those area. Yah I think she should get hazard pay when that happens

My soon to be DIL works in HR at one of our local hospitals. She has been tasked to help out wherever she is needed.

Serf

Didn’t The UK call back thousands of retired nurses? Isn’t England and Denmark paying something like 75% of its population 2k a month until further notice? Good Ol’ USA all your gunna get is a couple thousand once, a relief bill for corporations, and a recession.

Non sequitur

Didn’t The UK call back thousands of retired nurses? Isn’t England and Denmark paying something like 75% of its population 2k a month until further notice? Good Ol’ USA all your gunna get is a couple thousand once, a relief bill for corporations, and a recession.
Great description of how the US economy works compared to Europe and Japan. They are always flattening the curve with regards to wage distribution.