Meeting with boss

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mixed in, they were like 2400 something and i had delivered some 2000's already, like i said just random and unless i stopped to actually read the labels i wouldn't see they are marked usps and i deliver to a few different ones on that route, just small town ones. Trust me i'm not dumb. IF i saw big bags of post office stuff i would know that had to be gone and delivered no matter what before a certain time, if not first thing.
A surepost label is immediately identified by a ups driver. And you should be sorting and checking for misloads by 3 pm everyday. Should of been something click when you saw a stack of surepost labels bunched together for the same address.

Like someone else said. The excuse will only fly once so be sure it doesn't happen ago.

You should get in the habit when running routes blind of asking at 3-4 pm if there are any businesses left that you need to know about. This covers your ass

sikidiki

So you know that some days they get a lot and some days very few but you didn't know it was a post office.....

How do i explain this to a degenerate...I've been on the route 2 times. First day i was late, because it was my first day, there was 3 packages mixed in with the rest of my stuff. The 2nd day, yesterday they had 18, which i delivered on time, all mixed numbers no POST OFFICE BAGS NO FDR RDR all while im on a route 90% blind. I follow trace and when trace brings me there i deliver it. Does that make sense to you, i'm sorry you are a little slow.

sikidiki

How do i explain this to a degenerate...I've been on the route 2 times. First day i was late, because it was my first day, there was 3 packages mixed in with the rest of my stuff. The 2nd day, yesterday they had 18, all mixed numbers no POST OFFICE BAGS NO FDR RDR all while im on a route 90% blind. I follow trace and when trace brings me there i deliver it. Does that make sense to you, i'm sorry you are a little slow.
also i delivered the 18 packages the 2nd day on time, it was the first day with 3 packages or however many they had is where i missed the close time

Brownslave688

How do i explain this to a degenerate...I've been on the route 2 times. First day i was late, because it was my first day, there was 3 packages mixed in with the rest of my stuff. The 2nd day, yesterday they had 18, all mixed numbers no POST OFFICE BAGS NO FDR RDR all while im on a route 90% blind. I follow trace and when trace brings me there i deliver it. Does that make sense to you, i'm sorry you are a little slow.
Your right the slow one. Learn to follow the methods or you'll be telling your story to a panel. Hint they'll be much less forgiving than anyone on here.

Brownslave688

Explain to me how following trace while blind is not following methods?
You didn't verify your business stops.

Like I said. The excuse will fly once.

It's simple just send in a message late afternoon asking about any remaining business stops.

Last edited:

sikidiki

Sorry im just a little flustered after yesterday and the days before, only to get :censored2: on these forums, i will do that next time and hopefully that will remedy the situation

Brownslave688

Sorry im just a little flustered after yesterday and the days before, only to get :censored2: on these forums, i will do that next time and hopefully that will remedy the situation
This job can be very frustrating because we are expected to be perfect but management is not

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I think maybe i said it wrong, I came in AT 12 hours so i didn't go over 12 hours. They told me not to go over 12, so everything that was left was sheeted as emergency conditions, which was also what i was told to do. Also Maps will not help you out there when you have never been out there, 90% of the stops are on unpaved dirt/mud/snow roads it takes me 5 seconds to punch in an address into my satellite gps instead of staring at a map and plotting where i have to go from there. Also how did you expect me to know what stop was a post office when there was no commit time of 4:30 on the diad, was i supposed to magically know that was the post office judging by what numbers the address was? Lol give me a break.

I have ran under scratch on routes that i know, i still had to use my gps a few times, my methods are just fine. I only do the best i can and i do what im told.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT USE A REAL MAP !!!
You sound like a cover guy so get a book with multiple towns.
If I was the center manager and heard you were plugging in every address on your phone, I'd walk you out of the FN building !!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sikidiki

using a garmin, i still dont see how looking at a map for 5-30 seconds is any better than 5-10 seconds of putting in an address into a satellite navigation with turn by turn directions. Must be an older generation thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

using a garmin, i still dont see how looking at a map for 5-30 seconds is any better than 5-10 seconds of putting in an address into a satellite navigation with turn by turn directions. Must be an older generation thing.

A map will give you a broader overview of an area with a more specific listing of streets and roads.

GPS lets you find your next stop but unless you are plotting each and every stop before you leave the building in the morning it will be of little to no benefit to you.

When I first started parts of our area still used RD and RR numbers. New drivers quickly learned how the mailman delivered their routes as it was generally done in the most efficient manner.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Are you serious !!!!!!

giphy.gif

You should stick to delivering pizzas if you need turn by turn directions every stop.
BTW......all the even numbers are on the same side of the street FYI