Membership Is A Luxury I Can No Longer Afford

dudebro

It's not one city. Fact check yourself. You're just saying that because it makes your argument feel stronger. Lots of places are set for 15$ minimum wage and they are highly population areas that lots of people live in.

Also, I'd be willing to bet you're making more than twice that amount. Wages aren't a source of vanity for some of us that actually have to live on these :censored2: wages.

You're comparing "set for", as in, years in the future. Local 542 posted NOW, and he's right. In 2022, this job will be 15.50, not 13, and it STILL won't be minimum wage. Also - healthcare and pension mean nothing? I think they're pretty important. Where else could you even GET a pension on a PT job?

As for healthcare, you can't "live" on healthcare is the craziest thing I've heard. If you don't have your health, you may not be able to work at all.

Trailer monkey

New people now do all the work I used to do. I now get the bare minimum number of hours. I will be going back to my old job that I used to do before my seniority meant something because now it is worthless. I don't see any reason to pay dues to an organization that didnt bother to protect qthe interests of myself and people like me. IBT gave UPS its wettest dream. They have allowed the company to flood the workplace with cheap labor and no seniority or classification protections.

I have 6 years left till retirement. I will not pay dues to people that sold me out. I am also fairly certain I am not the only one.
New people now do all the work I used to do. I now get the bare minimum number of hours. I will be going back to my old job that I used to do before my seniority meant something because now it is worthless. I don't see any reason to pay dues to an organization that didnt bother to protect qthe interests of myself and people like me. IBT gave UPS its wettest dream. They have allowed the company to flood the workplace with cheap labor and no seniority or classification protections.

I have 6 years left till retirement. I will not pay dues to people that sold me out. I am also fairly certain I am not the only one.
What employees have no seniority protection? That is not happening in my area

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Do you think a porter emptying the trash cans and cleaning the toilets should make as much as a FT driver? They do in my building.
upload_2018-9-30_11-42-7.jpeg

Yuuuuup!!!!

BrownRecycler

Government doesn't want to raise minimum wage because then they would have to explains against the cost of living and labor wage index then oblige to pay more money in Social Security.

By having the states raise the wage, it is sending a strong message that living in the US is getting expensive not the "same".

Am against federal government throttling the people's living for the corporation interest.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know, but I have heard this arguement made when the topic of the contract stating only an 8 hour guarantee is brought up, therefore anything over 8 is “extra”.

Through the arbitration and grievance procedure, true "extra work" has been defined as

"unplanned or unscheduled" work. Daily OT doesn't qualify.

-Bug-