Membership Is A Luxury I Can No Longer Afford

542thruNthru

I have to admit I never understood why someone would get a job at UPS and not realize almost the only way up is to drive.

Staying a loader for 15 years when you could have went driving makes no sense to me unless you're here for the benefits and pension.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You guys are tip toeing around the real issue....the union has failed those of us that live in high rent districts. Yes I concede that there are those of you that live in areas with a $500 mortgage but there are plenty of us that don’t. The union doesn’t have the balls to tell those of you that are far above your local median incomes that you shouldn’t get raises. You say you care about part timers or future 22.4 drivers yet you refuse to see the real issue.....the idea of a national pay rate for any position is not only outdated but a joke.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
That Health and Welfare is paid to the Union as part of our benefit package. Very important, but also not part of our take home pay on Friday.
To most part timers these benefits are not only not needed but in regsrds to the pension will never be used. My sons can now be on my medical till they’re 26 so I ask why’d they be shopping jobs that offered it.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

To most part timers these benefits are not only not needed but in regsrds to the pension will never be used. My sons can now be on my medical till they’re 26 so I ask why’d they be shipping jobs that offered it.
The younger PT employees help to subsidize the older FT employees who have much more medical issues.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The younger PT employees help to subsidize the older FT employees who have much more medical issues.
Yes....you and I understand that but we already work here. We’re talking about attracting and retaining new employees. That’s like you and I trying to explain the benefit of a Thomas Guide....new employees look at us like we’re trying to selling them a time share.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
All part timers in Saint Paul, Minneapolis, and Maple Grove start at $15.00 an hour.
That’s great.....in related news here in San Jose part timers start at $14 and employees of the Habit Burger start at $17.95. So......you sort of can see the issue. Oh and we bring our Christmas helpers in in charter buses from over 100 miles away......clearly we are having staffing issues for all positions and yes it’s negatively effecting our operation.

unloady

Took me 3 years to make $13 an hour. New hires will get a $2 dollar raise i get 70 cents. Im given less than 20 hours a week. Driver wait time is 6 years. Threatened with termination for having a second job. Im stuck. Benefits are great but whats the point if youre homeless. Im not so upset about the pay rate but more so because im guranteed only 3.5 hours a day here. Try to run us out of the building as soon as possible 11 months of the year but when december comes we demand full time dedication.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have to admit I never understood why someone would get a job at UPS and not realize almost the only way up is to drive.

Staying a loader for 15 years when you could have went driving makes no sense to me unless you're here for the benefits and pension.
"only way up" what does that mean to you? because it's a dead end job as a full-timer (part-time too, at least you can manage a career and true path on the side)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Took me 3 years to make $13 an hour. New hires will get a $2 dollar raise i get 70 cents. Im given less than 20 hours a week. Driver wait time is 6 years. Threatened with termination for having a second job. Im stuck. Benefits are great but whats the point if youre homeless. Im not so upset about the pay rate but more so because im guranteed only 3.5 hours a day here. Try to run us out of the building as soon as possible 11 months of the year but when december comes we demand full time dedication.
Demand your 5 during peak, no more no less. Part-time job.

unloady

:censored2: my "5". Give me my damn 8. I have people to take care of.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Threatened with termination for having a second job.

What article of the contract states that ?

Part-timers have a 5 hour guarantee during peak ?

What supplement ?

:censored2: my "5". Give me my damn 8. I have people to take care of.

There have been numerous members, that had other employment while they were part-time.

The company can't stop that. But, it shouldn't interfere with your work assignment at UPS.

There are jobs out there that can accommodate your work schedule at UPS.

Good luck.

Imchar1

Let me guess. Republican?
I dont care you are or what your job is. Every employee ought to worry about a flood of cheap workers. You full timers will be screaming next contract that 8 hours isnt enough. Why would they pay regular drivers 50+ in OT 2-3 hours a day when they can pay one 22.4 20 an hour to take 2-3 hours of work per day off 4 drivers?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I dont care you are or what your job is. Every employee ought to worry about a flood of cheap workers. You full timers will be screaming next contract that 8 hours isnt enough. Why would they pay regular drivers 50+ in OT 2-3 hours a day when they can pay one 22.4 20 an hour to take 2-3 hours of work per day off 4 drivers?

If you are withdrawing from the Union.... it's really not your concern.

PT Car Washer

What article of the contract states that ?

Part-timers have a 5 hour guarantee during peak ?

What supplement ?

There have been numerous members, that had other employment while they were part-time.

The company can't stop that. But, it shouldn't interfere with your work assignment at UPS.

There are jobs out there that can accommodate your work schedule at UPS.

Good luck.
UPS should accommodate their work schedule for the employees FT jobs.