Memorable Lines from Movies

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
"She ain't got nothin' but, nothin' but one safety pin holdin' that thing on. Come on safety pin, POP. Come on baby, POP."

Wayne Rogers

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: For the experiment to be a success, all of the body parts must be enlarged.
Inga: In other vords: his veins, his feet, his hands, his organs vould all have to be increased in size.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Exactly.
Inga: He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: That goes without saying.
Inga: Voof.
Igor: He's going to be very popular.

Young Frankenstein

moreluck

golden ticket member
"She ain't got nothin' but, nothin' but one safety pin holdin' that thing on. Come on safety pin, POP. Come on baby, POP."

Wayne Rogers

Cool Hand Luke (1967)
And to think, Wayne Rogers is now investing people's money.....big businessman now.

curiousbrain

Ted Striker: Surely you must be joking.
Dr. Rumack: I never joke. And don't call me Shirley.
------
Dr. Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
Clarence Oveur: I can't tell.
Dr. Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Clarence Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Dr. Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Clarence Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Dr. Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

Airplane

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
[quoting "Self-Pity" by D.H. Lawrence] I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
Master Chief John Urgayle / Viggo Mortensen / GI Jane

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is my most favorite line from my most favorite movie, "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". (1967) It was said by Sidney Poiter as his character, John. I don't care much for Sidney's politics, but if you ever get a chance to hear him deliver these lines to his father....it's memorable ! The mailman dad was played by Roy Glenn

John: You listen to me. You say you don't want to tell me how to live my life. So what do you think you've been doing? You tell me what rights I've got or haven't got, and what I owe to you for what you've done for me. Let me tell you something. I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you're supposed to do! Because you brought me into this world. And from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me like I will owe my son if I ever have another. But you don't own me! You can't tell me when or where I'm out of line, or try to get me to live my life according to your rules. You don't even know what I am, Dad, you don't know who I am. You don't know how I feel, what I think. And if I tried to explain it the rest of your life you will never understand. You are 30 years older than I am. You and your whole lousy generation believes the way it was for you is the way it's got to be. And not until your whole generation has lain down and died will the dead weight of you be off our backs! You understand, you've got to get off my back! Dad... Dad, you're my father. I'm your son. I love you. I always have and I always will. But you think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man. Now, I've got a decision to make, hm? And I've got to make it alone, and I gotta make it in a hurry. So would you go out there and see after my mother?

over9five

Staff member
Lets see what People recall from movies as in a line some Actor/Actress said.
Post the line and the character who said it.

Example:
I'm a woman, I like men. If that means I'm not "lady-like", then I guess I'm just not a lady! At least I'm honest.
Josephine 'Josie' Marcus / Dana Delany / Tombstone

I just watched that yesterday!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I just watched that yesterday!

Then you know these lines...

Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]

Johnny Ringo: Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]

Doc Holliday: In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]

satellitedriver

"God,
who's name I do not know,
thank you for my life."
Joe Versus the Volcano.
Tom Hanks
joe-vs-volcano.jpg

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Commodore Schrepke: This is insane!
Captain Finlander: Now don't worry, Commodore. The Bedford'll never fire first. But if he fires one, I'll fire one.
Ensign Ralston: [launching the rocket] Fire One!

The Bedford Incident

DS

Fenderbender
Hold it El Guapo! Or I'll pump you so full of lead you'll be using your dick for a pencil!

You son of a motherless goat!