Merry Christmas To All in Brown

outta hours

Merry Christmas to all of you hard working men and women of UPS. We have survived another peak. This was number 21 for me. We called it a retro peak in my center. Because it was like a bad 80's flashback with the amount of hours we were all working. I'm just glad I did not have to peel off any air barcodes and write in recievers name and time. ha ha. Anyway hope you all enjoy a well deserved break today and tomorrow. Try not to think about the upcoming week with all the splits and busted out routes. It will be back to normal soon enough. MERRY CHRISTMAS !

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Merry Christmas to all ya'll out there too. I hope everyone is enjoying some much needed time with the family. This is a stressful time of year for a lot of folks, not just us who go through the very challenging task of delivering all the gifts to everybody. I took my mom to her church last night and enjoyed a beautiful Candlelight Service, (near Sandy Springs Ga.!) and got together with my brothers to do the gift thing. Got home about 11:00 and opened gifts, breaking tradition since my oldest son had to be at work early this morning. I get to go to the in-laws (out-laws?) to see them this afternoon.
That is what Christmas is really about to me, spending time with the peolpe you love. I don't care about getting gifts anymore.
In the PCM Friday morning, the boss said to expect the volume to be high still. Last year I had 250 stops when my whole route got cut back in. We still had to run splits for a couple of days. No rest for the weary. I can remember a few years back when we did get the "one day layoff" and the combined routes. The Good Old Days seem to be gone with Brown.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone, and I hope and pray that the New Year will be a happy one to all.

wily_old_vet

As one who was on the sidelines for this peak after making it through 32 I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukuh and Happy New Year. It felt strange to not be out delivering Christmas for others but I was there in spirit.