message order reversed-who's with me?

22threeman

I find it very annoying to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the original thread on an issue. It is the opposite of all the other boards I frequent. Does anyone else feel the same way? Perhaps the moderators would consider reversing the order so you would read the original topic starter w/out scrolling down forever.

S

smf0605

Personally I find this board more user friendly when it comes to finding the posts you haven't read yet. There is much less scrolling involved to read new posts.

B

brownbear

It is less convenient for people who don't read this board everyday to have to scroll back but this type of message order is better for regular readers. I don't post a lot but I do read it everyday and I can quickly catch up on the new posts.

C

cheryl

Let's vote on it, the majority rules...

{link disabled by webmaster}

B

badhab1

I like it the way it is now. Regular readers find it easier I think.

R

robonono

Remember, if you need to scroll to the bottom of a thread, just use the left "Arrow" that is pointing down. It will automatically take you to the very bottom of the thread.

I like the current set up, and have voted. By the way, unlike Florida residents (again), I had no problem in casting my ballot.

W

wkmac

I personally don't care either way but Cheryl does such a great job that IMO I want her to do what is easiest and best for her. Thanks Cheryl!

smooch.gif

Please don't tell Mrs. Mac!
lol.gif

B

bigshot

Click the button that looks like this to go straight to the bottom of the thread. There is another one to go back to the top etc. If you use those buttons it doesn't really matter how the messages are set up. I didn't realize this feature existed before reading Robonono's post, he has got the right idea.

L

lcarroll

I don't mind the message order.

One thing I would like to see, if possible, is to have the author of the thread listed next to the thread titles in addition to who the last poster was. This would make it easier to skip threads from certain authors.

-Lance

W

wigman

I have no problem with the way the format is. No need to change it. It's reader friendly

22threeman

I wasn't aware of the blue arrow feature that will take you to the bottom of the page. Thanks for pointing that out. I usually only have time to read the boards 1 or 2 times a week so this really helps out.}}

T

tieguy

if you reverse the order you need to reverse the position of the reply box or your still scrolling.

P

proups

I wasn't aware of the arrow icons either. Keep it the way it is, Cheryl.

S

saintteamo

Using the arrows work,but if you dont keep up with the posts everyday ,then it's hard to follow. I suggest the other format ,with starting post first.