Something that really annoys me on Brown Cafe...

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm just a hobbyist. Self taught. I hire smart people to update the server. I'm not getting rich off of this. This is not Facebook. I protect privacy and don't collect or sell your info. This is what's left of the internet I hoped for. People and their ignorance of what facebook does is killing it off

You are a Saint then. If it was my forum I would figure out a way to make a ton of money off it. I was totally under the wrong impression of how/why BC is ran. My apologies to you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well, at least this forum hasn't hit the low level of vile scum behavior that I remember seeing on the "Vote No UPS" Facebook page. That was some horrendous stuff over there at times. At least most of the people here that hijack the threads are just trying to be funny or are desperately seeking attention.
I see very very few threads get "hijacked" most have had their question answered or are questions that get asked on here weekly.

They quickly run their course and then stuff happens.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Any member can start a thread, and play around for free, totally. Sometimes we just need to let the thread be about what it is. As far as free speech, In 10 yrs? I can think of one thread I deleted, and that was spam, and not from a regular member. I think we got free speech all day long.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Person posts question

One person answers it

Another posts a "let me google that for you" link

Someone yells at them to use the search function

FLUFFERS crack a joke

Some sober guy gets mad that the thread went off topic

FLUFFERS laugh

Thread dies

Original poster either a) dissapears b) joins the FLUFFERS c) says TDU sucks

Where is the problem?

Overpaid Union Thug

I see very very few threads get "hijacked" most have had their question answered or are questions that get asked on here weekly.

They quickly run their course and then stuff happens.
If they weren't getting hijacked then this thread wouldn't have been created. Some get hijacked immediately. Some don't. The latter is what you are talking about.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just lock NF2 up and ban us all.
Have fun with all 6 posts a day

And put a leash on some of your mods

Don't blame us. You only have yourselves to blame.

We try to make this a better place and we just get slapped down

Free speech,..,.......
Doesn't matter here.

.good night
I am all for free speech @I'VE GOTTA PACKAGE FOR YOU.
I think you should be free to post whatever you want on this forum as long as it complies with TOS guidelines, which your posts do.
I am merely asking...as respectfully as possible...that you please post in the correct folder. If its fluff...please put it in the fluff folder where it belongs. If its a UPS discussion...please put it in the UPS Discussions folder where it belongs. And if its a 5 year old thread...maybe, just maybe, you could be a nice guy and refrain from digging it up and posting text messages to your friends on it. Please. Pretty please. Thank you.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I think you should be free to post whatever you want on this forum as long as it complies with TOS guidelines, which your posts do.
I am merely asking...as respectfully as possible...that you post in the correct folder. If its fluff...put it in the fluff folder where it belongs. If its a UPS discussion...put it in the UPS Discussions folder where it belongs. And if its a 5 year old thread...maybe, just maybe, you could be a nice guy and refrain from digging it up and posting text messages to your friends on it. Please. Pretty please. Thank you.
Who exactly put you in charge!?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I am merely asking...as respectfully as possible...that you please post in the correct folder. If its fluff...please put it in the fluff folder where it belongs. If its a UPS discussion...please put it in the UPS Discussions folder where it belongs. And if its a 5 year old thread...maybe, just maybe, you could be a nice guy and refrain from digging it up and posting text messages to your friends on it. Please. Pretty please. Thank you.
image.png

Click on his name Like I did yours

See where it says ignore?

Click it!

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Why didn't you just say that in the first place or send him a PM?
You chose to beat around the bush and make a federal case about it and you got your reaction.

soberups

I'm gonna come on here now everyday just to tag that a Hole d* @soberups and tell him 2 kiss my ass
If it makes you feel better, go for it.
I have a promise for you, @RonBurgandy...if you ever come to this forum needing to vent about an important work related issue, or needing advice, or needing to share something funny or sad or inspiring that is important to you...and you create a thread for it...I will show you respect by either staying out of the thread entirely or contributing something relevant and meaningful to it.

Have a good night.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I only have one question---- if you aren't making money running this forum ---WHY NOT?- you should be.
I make a little money here. Below minimum wage for the amount of time I spend on it. I use ads from this site to provide server space for another forum that can't pay it's own way and some other sites for relatives that are landscapers or hair stylists and other wordpress domains that should probably be shut down because they are never updated make no sense. I do have some good domain names though. Just because I got into buying them early.

soberups

View attachment 76396
Click on his name Like I did yours

See where it says ignore?

Click it!
I cant do that with my iphone. Or maybe I can but I dont know how.

I just dont like the idea of putting people on ignore because I feel like at some point everyone has something to contribute.

I have also been told by others who use the feature that it creates gaps and holes in threads, and that you can still see where people have quoted them.

And most importantly, this isnt just about me. I dont think necrposting and thread hijacking is healthy for the forum as a whole.