Michelle Obama

moreluck

golden ticket member
Markdown in aisle 8 on an annoying, self-absorbed first lady.

(Roll Call) — First lady Michelle Obama will meet supporters who donate at least $250 at an upcoming Washington, D.C., fundraiser for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign.

DC for Obama sent an email Sept. 30 asking for last-minute donations before the third-quarter fundraising deadline. Those who gave $250 were invited to an Oct. 11 reception at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in D.C. Donations of $1,000 allowed donors access to the “VIP Section” of the reception.

“Make a contribution of any amount today so your commitment can be represented in the financials that pundits will be dissecting in the weeks ahead,” the email stated.

moreluck

golden ticket member
FOIA Documents Show Taxpayers Forked Over Nearly $500K For Queen Michelle And Her Entourage To Vacation In Africa…

Mooch’s definition of “shared sacrifice” involves burdening American taxpayers with the expense of paying for her two daughters, her mother, nephew, niece, hairstylists and makeup artists to go on an African safari while the economy implodes.

Washington, DC — Judicial Watch, the organization that investigates and fights government corruption, announced today that it has obtained mission expense records and passenger manifests from the United States Air Force related to the June 21-27, 2011, trip taken by First Lady Michelle Obama, her family and her staff to South Africa and Botswana. Judicial Watch obtained the documents pursuant to an August 19, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Air Force (No. 11-1496)). Judicial Watch is investigating the purpose and itinerary of the trip as well as a breakdown of the costs to taxpayers.

On June 28, 2011, Judicial Watch filed a FOIA request seeking the mission taskings, transportation records, and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s Africa trip. Documents were only provided after Judicial Watch filed suit:

• According to U.S. Department of Defense’s published hourly rates for the C-32A aircraft used for the trip, Judicial Watch calculated the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for use of the aircraft (34.8 flight hours × $12,188 per hour). (The C-32 is a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757.) Other expenses — meals (off the plane), transportation, security, various services, etc. — have yet to be disclosed.
    • The passenger manifests confirm the presence of Obama’s daughter’s, Malia and Sasha on the trip. The two girls are listed as “Senior Staff.” The manifests also list Mrs. Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, and niece and nephew, Leslie and Avery Robinson, as well Mrs. Obama’s makeup and hairstylist (Carl Ray and Johnny Wright).
    • The expense records also show $928.44 was spent for “bulk food” purchases on flight. Overall, during the trip, 192 meals were served for the 21 passengers on board. . . .
“This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our overextended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TV CHEF: Michelle Obama likes fried food, too...

'She probably ate more than any guest I've had -- she kept eating during commercials'...

[h=1]Michelle’s Bad Eating Habits Scientifically Chronicled[/h]http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/10/11/michelles-bad-eating-habits-scientifically-chronicled/
Does Michelle Obama really over-satiate herself on adipose-inducing feasts while lecturing kids to clean up their diets?
Yes, according to the most scientific study to date.
Obviously intending to counter Michelle’s critics, food writer Marian Burros, working for POLITICO, treated herself to lunch and/or dinner at “the 33 or more restaurants in the Washington area” where Michelle has grazed in Washington since her husband took office.
Can you imagine? Such diligence and sacrifice.
In addition, she “usually” starts her meal with a dirty martini and then follows it with wine, setting a baseline of at least 300 calories before we even start counting food.
She eats poorly.
The problem is with Michelle’s core diet, much of which seems to be fried, sitting on a bone, or infested with sucrose.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
article-2049430-0E60A31700000578-622_634x393.jpg
Threat? US agents told a Royal Navy warship to stop pointing its missiles at Michelle Obama's hotel room
A British Royal Navy ship was ordered to turn its guns around because they were parked pointing at a hotel room Michelle Obama was staying in.

Fearing the First Lady might be in danger, minders ordered the captain of the HMS Edinburgh stationed in Cape Town, South Africa, to switch them away from her five-star suite.
The U.S. agents have since been accused of overreacting after it emerged the Sea Dart missiles were, in fact, loaded with blanks having been used during a ceremony in honour of a sailor who had died.

Former Royal Navy officer Mike Critchley told the Daily Mirror: 'This is typical American Secret Service going over the top.
'I would have thought that they could trust their British allies to not put a missile through the bedroom window of the First Lady. It is unfortunate that this happened at an extremely sad time for the ship.'
Mrs Obama was on an official visit to South Africa in June and was staying in a luxury suite at the five star Table Bay Hotel.
The boat, meanwhile, happened to be in the middle of a ceremonial routine to remember Lieutenant Sara Hellawell, a 26-year-old whose body was found onboard a few days before.
That did not stop the agents raging at them, saying: 'You can’t point those guns at the First Lady.'

moreluck

golden ticket member
“I won’t tell Michelle if you won’t”
Barack Obama walks past a statue of a pig in a chef's uniform as he arrives to meet diners at the Countryside Barbecue restaurant in Marion, North Carolina, October 17, 2011.

moreluck

golden ticket member
October 18, 2011 @ 10:24 am | Michelle Obama Holding Chicago Fundraiser, Charging $10,000 For “Family” Photo Op…
Deal of the century.
WASHINGTON — First Lady Michelle Obama returns to Chicago on Oct. 25 for a fund-raiser and to team up with Mayor Rahm Emanuel at a “food desert” conference. The fund-raiser has a new six-pack gimmick: for $10,000 a family — up to six people — can pose together for a photo with Mrs. Obama.

The 5 p.m. reception is at Plumbers Hall on the near West Side. There is a sliding price scale from $100 to $10,000 (donated and raised from others.)

April Harley, the Illinois finance chair at the Democratic National Committee, is handling the event.
Below, invite for Michelle Obama event. . .

YES, I would like to attend the reception on October 25th
$100 — Limited Availability Gen44 Tickets
$500 — General Admission
$7,500 — Host (write or raise)
$1,000 — Preferred Section
$10,000 — Family Photo Reception (max 6 in photo)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shhhh, Don’t Tell Mooch: Obama Eating Like a Slob On Bus Tour…
Hypocrite.
(CNN) — First Lady Michelle Obama might keep her husband on a healthy diet when he’s in the White House, but it looks like President Obama doesn’t stick to the same rules on the road.

Speaking in Jamestown, North Carolina Tuesday, the president remarked how much he enjoyed a good helping of North Carolina barbecue the day before as well as some “hush puppies” — a deep-fried favorite in the South. Of course, these are some of the same fatty foods Michelle Obama advocates against consuming on a regular basis.

“We stopped for a little North Carolina barbecue and sweet tea along the way. Some hushpuppies. Don’t tell Michelle exactly what was on the menu,” Obama told the laughing crowd.

Looks like the president didn’t eat much better today. According to the pool report, his lunch consisted of a cheeseburger, fries and more sweet tea during a stop at Reid’s House Restaurant.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Monday, October 24, 2011 @ 4:40 PM | Mooch Releasing Her Food Police Manifesto: Book Will Be Titled, “American Grown”…

I can’t wait to not read it.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The publisher of a book Michelle Obama is writing about her White House produce garden says it will be called “American Grown.”

Crown Publishers announced Monday that the complete title of the first lady’s first book is “American Grown: How the White House Kitchen Garden Inspires Families, Schools and Communities.” It is scheduled to be published in April.

The book will explore how improving access to healthy, affordable food can influence eating habits for the better and improve public health. The first lady has become an advocate for healthier eating and exercise, and she is leading a nationwide campaign to reduce childhood obesity in the U.S.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I remember that episode. I was laughing at the time over the obvious pandering she was committing. Guess she still hasn't figured out how to look in the mirror. It isn't Paula's fault that Michelle couldn't stop shoveling the food in.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mooch Attending Fundraiser At Home of Ex-Enron Executive…
(Politico) — An upcoming Houston fundraiser featuring first lady Michelle Obama at the home of a former Enron executive who is part of a movement to convert public pensions to 401(k)-style plans is angering some local Democrats.
John Arnold, a Houston billionaire and former Enron trader, is hosting the Michelle Obama event with his wife, Laura Arnold, at their Houston home on Nov. 1.

Arnold is part of an organization pushing to convert public pensions — including teachers, police, firefighters and others — to 401(k)-style plans. The effort launched in California, but has plans to go nationwide, according to a story by Bloomberg. The story notes that Arnold is a libertarian and his wife a Democrat.

A receptionist at Arnold’s Houston investment office told POLITICO that Arnold was not available to comment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
| Thursday, October 27, 2011 @ 8:56 pm |
Mooch: Vote For Barack or Republicans Will “Abandon Our Fellow Citizens”…

Or something.
TAMPA — First Lady Michelle Obama made her first campaign trip to Tampa Bay on Thursday, promoting healthy eating, raising campaign money and acknowledging to supporters that change doesn’t happen overnight.

“Real change is slow, and it never happens all at once. But if we keep showing up, if we keep fighting the good fight, if we keep doing what we know in our hearts is the right thing, then we always get there. We always do,” Obama told a crowd of more than 200 at a fundraising reception at the Davis Islands home of developer Joel Cantor.

The fundraiser took place just a few minutes from the St. Pete Times Forum where next August the Republicans will crown a nominee to take on President Barack Obama. Admission started at $1,000, with $5,000 donations earning a photo with the first lady, and $35,800 to be on the host committee. Mrs. Obama, 47, also held fundraisers in Jacksonville and Fort Lauderdale on Thursday.
The election, she suggested, amounted to a fundamental question of America’s values.

“It’s about whether we as a country will honor that fundamental promise that we made generations ago, that when times are hard, we do not abandon our fellow citizens. We don’t let everything fall apart for struggling families. Instead, we say, ‘There but for the grace of God goes my family.’ Instead, we say we’re all in this together and we extend a helping hand. That is why even though there are some trying to stop this bill from moving forward my president — and my husband — he is not going to give up. He is going to keep fighting.”
Warning: The amount of bull**** in her next quote is potentially lethal.
President Obama faces a tough re-election campaign amid a lousy economy, and Mrs. Obama told the supporters gathered that the president gets it.

“Believe me, Barack knows what it means when a family struggles,” she said. “I hear (it) in my husband’s voice when he returns home after a long day traveling the country, in the Oval Office, and he tells me about the people he’s met. . . . And I hear the passion and determination in his voice. He says, ‘You won’t believe what folks are going through, Michelle.’ That’s what he tells me. He says, ‘It’s not right. We have so much more work to do.’”