Middle class morons

rod

Retired 22 years
I went on a road trip last month---4600 miles and I have to say I was really saddened by all the down and just about out towns we went through. This trip took in Mn, ND. SD, Wy, UT, CO, Nv,Az,NM,Tx,Ok,Ks,Mo,Ia,and back through Mn. The amout of vaccant warehose buildings and office spaces for sale or lease would boggle your mind. Most of the trip was on back roads as I hate freeways and being retired we weren't in any hurry. Sadly we are a LONG way from ending this economic down turn.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
IMO Detroit died a long time ago. I lived there in the70s and blight and crime were rampant then. Motor city, Motown, all dead now. Democrat run for 40 yrs or more?

satellitedriver

As bad as things seem to be, those before us had it far worse and survived.
wkmac's post of 12 reasons could have been easily written in 1933.
I can remember the days of our neighbor saving their bacon fat for us to be able to flavor our beans.
Come what may, we will come out of this confused mess.
From my perspective, as a nation we are poorer in spirit, drive and direction, than we are in money.

wkmac

As bad as things seem to be, those before us had it far worse and survived.
wkmac's post of 12 reasons could have been easily written in 1933.
I can remember the days of our neighbor saving their bacon fat for us to be able to flavor our beans.
Come what may, we will come out of this confused mess.
From my perspective, as a nation we are poorer in spirit, drive and direction, than we are in money.

Satdrivr you hit the nail dead on the head IMO with the bacon grease/beans example. I agree as a result we are poorer in spirit, drive and direction and I think the greatest solution to the vast array of our problems is to start again saving our bacon grease for our neighbor's beans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I made bacon the other day in the oven, saved the grease in a small bowl for making scrambled eggs later. Some practices just never die!

wkmac

OK, I made bacon the other day in the oven, saved the grease in a small bowl for making scrambled eggs later. Some practices just never die!

When I cook sauage and then fry the eggs in the grease, my kids always call that "dirty eggs!" Now I'm hungry and thinking of some country ham and making some red eye gravy!
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
O.T.

When we lived in Idaho, we loved to camp with the kids. We had this huge square of metal on a stick that is planted over your campfire. Some forgeman in Montana made it. We would be up at sunrise and spread the bacon out on that griddle and the smell was fantastic. Then hubby would throw a huge bag of hashbrowns right in the grease left from the bacon.Crisp them up real good. Last, he would do the eggs. That was some of the best breakfast eating in the universe. Clean air, cooking smells and then fishing in the streams and the Snake River. I'll bet the moose liked those smells too......we saw them sometimes. That was livin' in God's country....at least for 3/4 of the year. :happy2:

diesel96

Great...now all your Cholesterol counts just went thru the roof...but never fear...Obamacare is here to save you. LOL

This is where MODERATION of injesting and preventative Doctor visits needs to be applied.....When obsession compulsive behavior dictates your life of FEAR, all bets are off. You might as well eat raw veggies and were kevalor 24/7

tieguy

Banned
This is where MODERATION of injesting and preventative Doctor visits needs to be applied.....When obsession compulsive behavior dictates your life of FEAR, all bets are off. You might as well eat raw veggies and were kevalor 24/7

whats wrong with raw vegetables?

wkmac

O.T.

When we lived in Idaho, we loved to camp with the kids. We had this huge square of metal on a stick that is planted over your campfire. Some forgeman in Montana made it. We would be up at sunrise and spread the bacon out on that griddle and the smell was fantastic. Then hubby would throw a huge bag of hashbrowns right in the grease left from the bacon.Crisp them up real good. Last, he would do the eggs. That was some of the best breakfast eating in the universe. Clean air, cooking smells and then fishing in the streams and the Snake River. I'll bet the moose liked those smells too......we saw them sometimes. That was livin' in God's country....at least for 3/4 of the year. :happy2:

Why is it that breakfast cooked outdoors when camping always tastes and smells 1000% better than when you are at home?

O.T.

Just got back from a 9 hour drive through montana idaho and washington....beautiful

satellitedriver

Why is it that breakfast cooked outdoors when camping always tastes and smells 1000% better than when you are at home?
I have no clue, but it does.
Coffee, eggs and a potato hash cooked in a cast iron skillet on a wood fire is the way to start a good day.
Even better if you have a cold water stream near by to bath in.
Invigorating way to start a new day.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I love to see my stocks go up while redneck Republicans sit on there money and keep hoping the country goes down the toilet. Hate to break it to you but my hero Obama has turned this economy around with no help from you.
:happy-very:

That is not true and you know it. If this country fell into a depression how big would the deficit be in the future. This economy is turning for the better and that means more tax revenue.

BREAKING
NEWS
Dow reaches 11,000 in final minutes of trading day for the first time since September 2008..........A lot of Middle class morons got out or are sitting on the side lines while the economy and the stock market take off.

Are country has been here before, we just need to identify and corect it, no matter what it takes. I think as the economy improves the debt will come down with a healthy economy comes more tax revenue. The real problem is with social security and medicare, and how to pay for the large number of baby boomers that are about to start depending on it.
I don't agree with the wall street bailout but I do believe there was no other way. Even Bush knew that and got that going. This country, if not the world's economy would be in the toilet if we let those companies fail.

Ummmmm...ahhhh...ummm...ahhhhh...LMAO!!!

unionman

All still true. We are looking very good on this recovery but nothing is a sure bet and if North Korea attacks South Korea you can be sure there will be problems with the world economy.

All still true. We are looking very good on this recovery but nothing is a sure bet and if North Korea attacks South Korea you can be sure there will be problems with the world economy.

which one of your stocks are up in the last month? FAZ has sure been screaming though. I heard the other day that 80% of the worlds GDP was because of stimulus. If that is true, you don't have a recovery, you have a propped up bubble.

unionman

which one of your stocks are up in the last month? FAZ has sure been screaming though. I heard the other day that 80% of the worlds GDP was because of stimulus. If that is true, you don't have a recovery, you have a propped up bubble.

Too volatile right now, been out for a little while... China can afford to stimulate there economy and help ours.